National Registry Testing by state

brown_emt1011

Forum Probie
i am about to take the NREMT basic test for the 3rd time. after failing my first 2 attempts, i asked some fellow medics for advice regarding the test. upon hearing what they had to say, one of them mentioned that taking the test in a different state might help.i live in texas, and ive been told by a number of people that taking the test In LA would help my chances. is there any truth to this or just mere coincidence about the testing?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's a national test...why would taking it in a different state help? Your fellow medics are idiots, no offense.

How about study more to help your chances? Now there's a concept...

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Possible troll thread?

As stated above, its a national test, it wont be any different in LA.

Did i just feed a troll?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I could be a lot more of a **** if you'd like me to be...

If your not yet certified how do you have "fellow medics"?

Honestly the NREMT isn't a hard test. My EMT-Basic final in class was more difficult than the NREMT-I/85 test.

If you have test anxiety or trouble testing check out some of the resources available to you online. Yea they may cost 30-40 bucks but it's cheaper than retesting for NREMT over and over again.

OP
OP
B

brown_emt1011

Forum Probie
i dispatch for a ems company so im around the medics alot, i shouldnt have used the term 'fellow medics' that was my fault.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I probably would have given up after the second time, just saying.

Honestly, the NREMT is not a hard test, taking it in a different state will not help. I'm sorry, but if you're "fellow medics" don't understand that a national test is the same throughout every state, I doubt their abilities to grasp even the simplest of medical concepts.

Either put in more time studying or stop taking it. Looking for an "easier" test is a cop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member