National Ambulance UAE

sammyam

Forum Ride Along
June 13....

Hey gang,

Looking forward to meeting everyone! I arrive around June 13th, leaving from Vancouver, Canada, start date: June 24th. Just curious, are there any other woman on staff as of yet? Not that it really matters, but would love to touch base and see if there have been/are any major hurdles to working as a woman on ambulance. Thanks!^_^

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
Hey gang,

Looking forward to meeting everyone! I arrive around June 13th, leaving from Vancouver, Canada, start date: June 24th. Just curious, are there any other woman on staff as of yet? Not that it really matters, but would love to touch base and see if there have been/are any major hurdles to working as a woman on ambulance. Thanks!^_^

You will be braking new ground as a Women Medic, however there are Women EMTs currently on the road working in the current system. I also heard besides you we hired around 9 other female medics mostly out of UK. Don't quote me on that last part that is just what i heard from a manager.
PM sent

sammyam

Forum Ride Along
Good to know! Not really too concerned, it's all an adventure, and can't wait to get started! :)

Nobby

Forum Ride Along
Hi Guys,
I am interested in working in the UAE.just wondering how it is going and from which countries you have recruited from ?

I worked out there for a while and would love to come back, I had some good and bad experiences,but overall happy memories, i would still like to see how things are now !! So any news would be great thank you

Nobby

Forum Ride Along
uae

I have heard cut off age is 38 rules me out, which is a shame wondered how uk Paramedics have settled in but no news all round at the moment good luck anyway :unsure:

Nobby

Forum Ride Along
Uae

EPi52 thanks for the reply, I have submitted my cv will wait and see, hope it goes well for all who have joined.:)

tony477

Forum Ride Along
Want to Work in Dubai- Help Please

I have enjoyed this thread. I have 23 years experience as a paramedic, supervisor and special operations manager and educator. I am retiring soon and I am really interested in working for the Dubai Coropration for Ambulance Services. My biggest question is, do they allow you to bring your wife?

Also any introductions to current employees would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Tony

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
I have enjoyed this thread. I have 23 years experience as a paramedic, supervisor and special operations manager and educator. I am retiring soon and I am really interested in working for the Dubai Coropration for Ambulance Services. My biggest question is, do they allow you to bring your wife?

Also any introductions to current employees would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Tony

The quick answer is "It depends" on your contract some do some don't. But the bigger question for you is your age..They have a max age you can work here. We had one guy denied credentials due to his age.

Lipids

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader. Great thread and great website! All of this has been very informative to me as I've done research on international EMS careers. I just graduated college and have worked as a New Jersey EMT-Basic (not national registry) for five years and have done some brief volunteer work in rural Uganda. I've tried to focus all my experience and education around developing a career in international medicine. I have two applications in at GWU for non-EMS positions in Kuwait and would love to talk to someone about working EMS in the Middle East and/or Africa. The countries I am most interested in are UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, and anywhere in Northeast Africa. Which of the companies, if any, doing work in these places, besides GWU (no open EMT positions right now), hire EMTs? Anyone currently working for GWU in Kuwait or any other operating locations? What are the career prospects at a lot of these companies? Would love to talk to someone via PM as I have many many questions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
I could be wrong, but I do not think you are going to find any jobs in the Middle East as an EMT-B. Most require you to be at least a Paramedic, and many require a few years of experience on top of that.

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader. Great thread and great website! All of this has been very informative to me as I've done research on international EMS careers. I just graduated college and have worked as a New Jersey EMT-Basic (not national registry) for five years and have done some brief volunteer work in rural Uganda. I've tried to focus all my experience and education around developing a career in international medicine. I have two applications in at GWU for non-EMS positions in Kuwait and would love to talk to someone about working EMS in the Middle East and/or Africa. The countries I am most interested in are UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, and anywhere in Northeast Africa. Which of the companies, if any, doing work in these places, besides GWU (no open EMT positions right now), hire EMTs? Anyone currently working for GWU in Kuwait or any other operating locations? What are the career prospects at a lot of these companies? Would love to talk to someone via PM as I have many many questions.

Thanks

First of all, why dont you get your paramedic? 2nd you really need to be National Registry to get started International it really helps but not mandatory. About Kuawait..GWU replaced CHS who replaced Dyn on that contact. They do use EMTs there and have a high turnover rate so if your patient you could get in there..BUT you must be able to get a seceret security clearance, which is almost automatic after filling out a 80 page application unless you have, any police record, bad or questionable credit of ugly divorce. In these cases you will be investigated which can take 6 mos. or more. We hire EMTs however all our EMTs are recruited out of the PI. SRCA in Saudi uses EMTs but again they are mostly Saudis.
AS a long time follower of this thread you should know most of this as this discussion is posted over and over..If you want like more info you can follow my blogs at http://flymedic.blogspot.com/
YOu can also PM or direct email me if you want for more detailed questions.

adrian81063

Forum Ride Along
Nac

OK, read all the posts, some good info. Couldn't help but notice that the only negative comments were from those getting confused with Saudi. Two vastly different places and people. Yes I've been to UAU, Qatar, visiting family. Fascinating culture.... and they are friendly if you act accordingly. I found it very warming to be an obvious pale skinned Australian sitting in a car, and have a Qatari, complete stranger, walk past and wave hello. It's what you make it and your own demeanour.

Question, for those who are actually there working on-road for NAC.

What is the work load like, particularly night shift, I've had enough of bouncing round all night being flogged to death. How heavy is the work load and what type of cases typically seeing?

Regards
Ade

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I worked there for almost a year, but I was not part of the public emergency contract, so I can not really help in answering questions related directly to that contract.

vox

Forum Ride Along
Who can I speak with for more information

First off, Great discusisons on here,
I recognize a lot of you when I worked in Saudi, on the flight team with AA.
I applied several times, but I am sure they get a ton of applicants.

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
OK, read all the posts, some good info. Couldn't help but notice that the only negative comments were from those getting confused with Saudi. Two vastly different places and people. Yes I've been to UAU, Qatar, visiting family. Fascinating culture.... and they are friendly if you act accordingly. I found it very warming to be an obvious pale skinned Australian sitting in a car, and have a Qatari, complete stranger, walk past and wave hello. It's what you make it and your own demeanour.

Question, for those who are actually there working on-road for NAC.

What is the work load like, particularly night shift, I've had enough of bouncing round all night being flogged to death. How heavy is the work load and what type of cases typically seeing?

Regards
Ade

Well nobody can answer your questions because we are still in a holding pattern and have not taken to the road yet

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
First off, Great discusisons on here,
I recognize a lot of you when I worked in Saudi, on the flight team with AA.
I applied several times, but I am sure they get a ton of applicants.

If you were with Action you were there when i was. You should use your real name on here or part of it. Anyway they have exact criteria they are looking for now and if you have applied and not heard anything you may not fit the criteria