1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

National Ambulance UAE

Discussion in 'International EMS' started by SCFLTMEDIC, Feb 4, 2012.

1. NAemt

NAemt Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    Is it true NA is going down?

2. ambulance

ambulance Forum Probie

Do we have any update on Advanced Paramedic opportunities in Abu Dhabi? How to drop a cv with Abudhabi police ambulance service? Is it National Ambulance company still stands out best option 2017 in the UAE? Any comments on updated EMS job trends in the UAE would be a great help.......

3. once

once Forum Ride Along

Yes, they are going down. Only have basic contracts now. Majority of management who knew what they were doing have abandoned them. Robert Ball and Graham Stewart did a good job of running it in to the ground. Neither had ANY experience in Ambulance and it showed. Graham Stewart was an insurance salesman basically and a weekend cut lunch soldier. ... no real experience at all.

4. SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic Shock&Awe

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    Are they still around? Rob and Graham...

5. Tbird

Tbird Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    Sandpit Medic, a quick check of LinkedIn says Robert Ball is still there and Graham Stewart has moved on and it looks like he has gone back into the Army.

I have been watching this thread for a little while now and as someone who has actually worked for this organisation, its been pretty interesting watching some of the comments (mostly negative) and the comments about the leadership in particular.

I wouldn’t have their jobs for million dollars – it’s a very tough, uncertain and ever-changing business environment.

I can’t really comment on Robert Ball as I didn’t have too much to do with him, however; I was impressed with Graham Stewart; when I first arrived at the company he took the time to invite me into his office and ask me about myself, family and interests. He gave me a few pointers on life in the UAE and never hid the fact he wasn’t a Paramedic and that he was an “Operations Guy” first and foremost he relied on his experienced leadership group to provide him with advice.

Despite the uncertainty, complexity and challenges, I have heard that the company continues to deliver a reasonable BLS service in the North of country, which would be a pretty tough gig in that sort of environment.

Anyway, just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Be safe where ever you ride!

6. SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic Shock&Awe

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    I for one happen to agree with you. I've always maintained that it was a decent place to work, leadership was good enough, and it was a great experience.

Double tap on Mr. Graham... I had a similar experience with him. Nothing negative.

7. Tbird

Tbird Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    It sounds like NA is still around - some people have been waiting it’s demise for a while now....

But it still seems to be trucking along though and providing good levels of service in the north of the country.

8. SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic Shock&Awe

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    Yes, I still know a couple guys on the CICPA contract.

9. Horizon Ambulance

Horizon Ambulance Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    I have a lot of experience in working in the Middle East as an EMT I'm totally open to any questions anyone may have and I have a list of people who are known to defraud American EMTs and paramedics and and of entrepreneurs Who start ambulance services and abandon their employees Waller steer clear that name

10. akflightmedic

akflightmedic Forum Deputy Chief

As in Allen Waller....the Brit? LOL!!!! BAH HA HA HAA

11. Horizon Ambulance

Horizon Ambulance Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Oh no... this seems interesting... Yikes and yp.. AJW

12. akflightmedic

akflightmedic Forum Deputy Chief

LOL....I got wrapped up/employed under one of his schemes back in 2010....he had quite the history then. Never paid me, scammed the heck out of me and darn near got me arrested in Kuwait. Months and months of legal threats...I stood up to his dumb *** and countered back until he finally went away. Eventually his first wife (not the Russian mail bride) that he scammed for a green card found me and shared a ton of very interesting info...seems he milked her and left her high and dry too! Finally he faded away out of my life, I hear about him every couple years or so. Last I heard he was running some scam in Cypress, but that would of been circa 2014 or so?

Did he get involved in the UAE ambo stuff too? He is such a smooth talker con man.

ExpatMedic0 likes this.