Narcan

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Actually JEMS had an article on this a while back. As well as Hospice has had problems of people stealing med.'s etc.. and watching the obituaries to get the med.s if they are not picked up... tack and sick.

R/r 911

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
I have heard that the going thing now is to get used Fentinyl patches and cut them up separate them then take whats left of the medication SL. Anyone else heard this?

I've also heard it's common to carry your own Narcan. Just made sure your buddy can use it and you are back in the party with little or no down time. I don't suppose we can bill them if they use their own.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I've also heard it's common to carry your own Narcan. Just made sure your buddy can use it and you are back in the party with little or no down time. I don't suppose we can bill them if they use their own.

Now I haven't heard that one

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I havent heard that either...my question is where are these people getting narcan on the street- you have yo order it from a med supply company I thought, and then only with a script, and someone has to sign for hte delivery. Its not like CVS is stocking narcan.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've not heard it was common, but I've heard of users having it... I'm not sure how they get it, though.