My company has been cited!!!

itsconstant

Forum Ride Along
4 times this year for picking up patients in either county or city with the wrong stickers.

4 TIMES!!!!!

now this is in LA

4 times this year!

what is going to happen? Or what should happen?

i wanna know, ppl think they might get laid off some want it some dont

JPINFV

Gadfly
City of Los Angeles should just drop the stupid requirement.

Also, your dispatch office needs to do a better job of getting of keeping the LA certified ambulances in LA.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't get it... did they pick up the wrong patients? Then they should be fired...

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Do you mean they are going into city or county with the wrong licensing? If that is the case then a company like that which continues to cut corners to make a quick buck will eventually get shut down for one reason or another. Did the EMT's get fined or just the company?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I don't get it... did they pick up the wrong patients? Then they should be fired...

In addition to being inspected by the California Highway Patrol and licensed by the Local EMS Agency ("County EMS") (both of which are required to operate anywhere in California), the City of Los Angeles requires the individual ambulances operating in the city to be licensed by the city itself to pick up patients. The only exception is a company not licensed by the City of Los Angeles itself can pick up a patient they dropped off within the last 24 hours.

IAems

Forum Crew Member
Modofosho, LA DOT may pull your company's license to operate in LA City. Your company will go to a hearing to determine the penalty which is administered on a case by case basis, so hopefully your company has a REAL good reason for the violation. If they shut you down and you aren't LA County certified, the company closes. It doesn't look good. They can technically pull your city license for just one violation.

OP
OP
I

itsconstant

Forum Ride Along
Do you mean they are going into city or county with the wrong licensing? If that is the case then a company like that which continues to cut corners to make a quick buck will eventually get shut down for one reason or another. Did the EMT's get fined or just the company?

you are exactly right!

the emt driver got his license removed and they took a mug shot of him and yea he has to get a lawyer and the company is in deep.. guess what i found out today that we have 5 not 4 but FIVE citations for the same reason!!

OP
OP
I

itsconstant

Forum Ride Along
Modofosho, LA DOT may pull your company's license to operate in LA City. Your company will go to a hearing to determine the penalty which is administered on a case by case basis, so hopefully your company has a REAL good reason for the violation. If they shut you down and you aren't LA County certified, the company closes. It doesn't look good. They can technically pull your city license for just one violation.

they fired the dispatcher today..well one of them.

he knew he messed up but nothing he could do after the fact that it happened.

and I am LA county certified.

the main reason i think they are getting in trouble is because they were overflowing with patients and it takes about 6 months to get an la city license so greedy owner had to do that

jon51

Forum Crew Member
I personally would not stay there too long if the company placed me in situations which put me at risk. Doubt it was a mistake since it happened so many times and it looks like the dispatcher might have taken the fall. It's not just your company doing this. Many have done it and will try to continue but I recommend you start looking at some better companies.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
In addition to being inspected by the California Highway Patrol and licensed by the Local EMS Agency ("County EMS") (both of which are required to operate anywhere in California), the City of Los Angeles requires the individual ambulances operating in the city to be licensed by the city itself to pick up patients. The only exception is a company not licensed by the City of Los Angeles itself can pick up a patient they dropped off within the last 24 hours.

FYI la will disagree with you that company that is not licensed in LA can pick up their own patient within 24 hours. LA consider each trip to be separate as such while any ambulance can drop off a patient, only license one can pick up a patient

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
they fired the dispatcher today..well one of them.

he knew he messed up but nothing he could do after the fact that it happened.

and I am LA county certified.

the main reason i think they are getting in trouble is because they were overflowing with patients and it takes about 6 months to get an la city license so greedy owner had to do that

It takes about 4 month to get LA city permit for a vehicle.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
5 citation in a year is a lot. Is your company already on probation? If not they for sure will be placed on and that is the best outcome. Worse outcome they will get banned from operating in LA for minimum a year or longer. It all depends what LADOT staff recommends and what city council approves.

For everyone else that are not familiar with how LA city works. In order for company to pick up any patient in the city of LA they must have a sticker on a vehicle from city of LA that says they are licensed. In addition both driver and attendant must have valid dot card from city of LA. It takes about 4 month to get hearing before city council to get approval to place your vehicle in to service. Unlike most city LA is strange in this and makes quick expansion a pain in the ***.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

It makes no difference in if they are la county certified or not, they can't work in LA without LA certification. If company can't work in LA, there are plenty of others area to work. It's just a question if they can find contracts quickly enough before they run out of money.

IAems

Forum Crew Member
Welcome to the mess of LA EMS

It makes no difference in if they are la county certified or not, they can't work in LA without LA certification. If company can't work in LA, there are plenty of others area to work. It's just a question if they can find contracts quickly enough before they run out of money.

As I operate extensively in both Los Angeles City and County, I can tell you that I am almost certain that these citations are coming from the Los Angeles City Department of Transportation, as their officers have been very active lately. Los Angeles County generally doesn't bother to check on the status of the vehicles operating within their jurisdiction for compliance with Los Angeles County mandates. You don't even need certification through LA County DHS EMS Agency to operate within Los Angeles County as long as you confine yourself to LA City limits. However, I will admit that I am assuming that this is a City problem vs. a County problem based on the current climate in Los Angeles City. I don't know for sure whether this is a city or county issue. All I meant was that should a company loose its ability to operate within the City of Los Angeles, that company could still have a chance of staying operational by serving unicorporated cities of Los Angeles County wherein Los Angeles City holds no jurisdiction (e.g., Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Clarita, Culver City, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, etc.). LA is not LA is not LA. You have Reference Numbers in the EMS Agency Prehospital Care Policy Manual that conflict with Los Angeles County Municipal Code 7.16 which conflict with Los Angeles City Ordinance and yet all of these laws apply to "LA".