My Ambulance

Sasha

Forum Chief
Look! Sneaky monkey, Mitch snuck into the picture :p! What a cutie!
untitled-1.jpg

Sasha

Forum Chief
Not being a pain but what are the textbooks for, I can see the phone book,

Refrence? Sometimes people have to look things up right quick. My favorite ER doc has one of his text books on hand when he works just in case. Not a crime.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
True I never seen a textbook that I had be a good reference just curious as to wether it was used on transfers or for reference

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
That's what I use my downtime for in the rig :p

Really? Where I work, downtime in the rig is called naptime! (Unless a supervisor asks. Then its vigiliantly waiting and watching for a call time. )

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Really? Where I work, downtime in the rig is called naptime! (Unless a supervisor asks. Then its vigiliantly waiting and watching for a call time. )

I try to split it. Used to be when I pulled out a textbook we'd get calls, now it's when I go to sleep we get calls

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i could never get any useful studying done at work. with the radio constantly squawking at me, my partner doing their thing, and the uncomfortable setting it just wouldn't work out.

however i could sleep like a baby, a skill i made excellently efficient use of. i could be sound asleep, drooling like a stroke patient and nearing comatose and still hear my call sign on the radio the first time.

Sasha

Forum Chief
i could never get any useful studying done at work. with the radio constantly squawking at me, my partner doing their thing, and the uncomfortable setting it just wouldn't work out.

however i could sleep like a baby, a skill i made excellently efficient use of. i could be sound asleep, drooling like a stroke patient and nearing comatose and still hear my call sign on the radio the first time.

I have yet to perfect that. I can get certain dispatchers to text me when we are being dispatched. For the ones that dont, I have recently learned sleeping with our pager clipped right next to my head and set on a loud, long beepy setting works perfectly for waking me up!

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
I have yet to perfect that. I can get certain dispatchers to text me when we are being dispatched. For the ones that dont, I have recently learned sleeping with our pager clipped right next to my head and set on a loud, long beepy setting works perfectly for waking me up!

Ahhhh yes, being on dispatch's good side has it's benefits. I'm much the same way. Becomes more handy when I want to flirt at the ER though, they just text me "ummmm, you gonna answer us or keep talking to Sarabeth?"

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
How do you like those new Demers trucks, Divert? Looks sick!

I might have to swing by the next time I'm out... I work for Barrhead.

Divert

Forum Ride Along
We love them, way more room in the 170's. Pretty much everyone can stand in them and the layout is pretty user friendly aswell

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
i've gotta agree with you there Divert, the 170's are awesome, tons of room. I love them.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
heres the ones that AMR just recently got in SB county

sprinter_1.jpg

Dodge Sprinter... hear that they've got plenty of headroom in back but are capped at 86mph.

Unfortunately our County FD doesn't have any ambulances because AMR was contracted through the county of SB. I believe that there's only one with the FD out in the boonies of town... but i could be wrong