Must have Iphone apps for EMS

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Any Iphone apps you guys think are really worth getting?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I have mediequations, Medcalc, MedSpanish, PEPID, Epocrates, Eponyms. ACC Guidelines, Fire Shifts (for 24 hour calendars)and of the whaker in me Sirens/alarms.

R/r 911

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I have mediequations, Medcalc, MedSpanish, PEPID, Epocrates, Eponyms. ACC Guidelines, Fire Shifts (for 24 hour calendars)and of the whaker in me Sirens/alarms.

R/r 911

Rid confesed to having a little whacker in him!!! :p

Let him out Rid, before he suffocates... unless it was intentional and you are hunting down and eating whackers... :unsure:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I think I'll have to add a couple more. I've got an ECG app. Medscape, MedCalc, Epocrates... I think that's all the strictly EMS apps. Plus a few EMS podcasts

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Would love an iPhone, if they'd just bring it over to Sprint =/

Lets expand this topic to windows mobile :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Would love an iPhone, if they'd just bring it over to Sprint =/

Lets expand this topic to windows mobile :D

I don't have an iPhone either, because I've got Sprint too. I just use an iTouch. Looking at picking up a new Palm to replace my old Samsung Blade though

Sasha

Forum Chief
There's a blackberry app for EKGs, it's like $7 under health and welnness, there's some diabetes education app there too that I want to get.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I am a crackberry addict myself, but understsand there is an app available for the iphone that streamlines keeping track of times on calls (time received, en route, on scene, pt side, transporting, at destination, clear). Any idea where it can be found for the apple-lovers around?

Sasha

Forum Chief
I am a crackberry addict myself, but understsand there is an app available for the iphone that streamlines keeping track of times on calls (time received, en route, on scene, pt side, transporting, at destination, clear). Any idea where it can be found for the apple-lovers around?

Isn't that what dispatch is for?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
at least where I'm from, dispatch doesnt want to be bothered with giving every truck its times for every call. We are expected to keep track of it ourselves.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Search for EMS Logger (free version, there is a paid version with a few more buttons). I used to use it when I worked a truck, can come in handy. There also is a code logger somewhere out there. I think I found it by searching for EMT

Burlyskink

Forum Lieutenant
Im actually waiting for some Android ems apps... I may have to write some myself, considering Android runs Java

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
On my iPod I have Eponyms and PEPID. I'm cheap and only get the free stuff. Gonna look into some of the other ones though, just to check 'em out.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

Its called EMS logger (and EMS logger Plus).... I have it on mine and it works well

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Anyone know of any good, cheap Anatomy/physiology apps to use as a "study buddy"?

SurgeWSE

Forum Crew Member
Software

I would love to see something for windows mobile or iphone (my tele is WM, but I always have my ipod touch because our radio stations suck) that acts like a more user friendly version of the Event Markers on the cardiac monitors. Running a code or a bad medical call, I rarely use the event markers because their menu design is cumbersome and the monitor stand in the rig is in an out of the way place. Something like the Call Time logger posted above, that has events like line placement, initiation of cpr, secured airway, code drugs, etc., which can be logged with a single button push would be pretty cool.

As it stands now, I finish a code with an 8 inch piece of tape on my pants with "1625 Epi - 27 shock - 29 Lido " written on it and I invariable sweat through my pants leg or the ink is unreadable and I have a mother of a time getting my paperwork in order.

8jimi8

CFRN
Anyone know of any good, cheap Anatomy/physiology apps to use as a "study buddy"?

A digital camera is your best friend for lab.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
A code logger would be fantastic but I dont' think I'd want to handle my phone during the middle of that. On some ePCR software I think they have something similar.

Simusid

Forum Captain
Search for EMS Logger (free version, there is a paid version with a few more buttons). I used to use it when I worked a truck, can come in handy. There also is a code logger somewhere out there. I think I found it by searching for EMT

WOW I'm so glad you found that useful!! I wrote it. It was my VERY first attempt at writing anything for the iPhone (painful learning process for me). I've written a few others too but they're all basically the same (logging stuff and emailing the log)

I'm trying to finish a "shift check logger" that lets you inventory all the items on a vehicle (by bag, shelf, cabinet, etc) and email the results. I think that will be useful.

My most popular app by far is the DOT Emergency Response Guidebook.

I'm always interested in ideas, suggestions, bug reports etc so feel free to contact me!

Gary Huntress
Swansea Ambulance Association
Swansea MA

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
WOW I'm so glad you found that useful!! I wrote it. It was my VERY first attempt at writing anything for the iPhone (painful learning process for me). I've written a few others too but they're all basically the same (logging stuff and emailing the log)

I'm trying to finish a "shift check logger" that lets you inventory all the items on a vehicle (by bag, shelf, cabinet, etc) and email the results. I think that will be useful.

My most popular app by far is the DOT Emergency Response Guidebook.

I'm always interested in ideas, suggestions, bug reports etc so feel free to contact me!

Gary Huntress
Swansea Ambulance Association
Swansea MA

I liked the app, any chance of getting a windows mobile or web based version? :)