Murphy Laws

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
~A good tape job will fix almost anything.~

this is SOOOOOO true. we have white duct tape holding one of our mirrors on. ok maybe not so much on as it is holding it in tact. LOL

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
~A good tape job will fix almost anything.~

this is SOOOOOO true. we have white duct tape holding one of our mirrors on. ok maybe not so much on as it is holding it in tact. LOL

man you show me people always do things the back woods way :p lol

medic417

The Truth Provider
Murphys law of emtlife number 1 is no one knows to use the search button that reveals a number of murphys laws discussions. If new just click search in upper right hand side of page. Type key words in box that opens. Submit and magically many posts appear. Hope that helps.

http://www.emtlife.com/search.php?searchid=1237697

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
OF course that would enrich the discussion not truncate it.

(sssh don't scare the new kids).
I think we have a Murphy's Laws of Combat EMS here somewhere but I can't find it.

OP
OP
S

shaneomac1202

Forum Probie
Murphys law of emtlife number 1 is no one knows to use the search button that reveals a number of murphys laws discussions. If new just click search in upper right hand side of page. Type key words in box that opens. Submit and magically many posts appear. Hope that helps.

http://www.emtlife.com/search.php?searchid=1237697

I actually saw all the threads about it as I was posting it. Just wanted to share my excitement. Besides, I'd much rather be a reposter than a lurker =P

mycrofft

Way to go Shane!

;).....Good on you.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I actually saw all the threads about it as I was posting it. Just wanted to share my excitement. Besides, I'd much rather be a reposter than a lurker =P

Why not be a quality ad on poster rather than a duplicate topic starter? You still could have expressed your excitement. ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well because I knew rehashing topics was a pet peeve of yours :p

This is like poking a bear with a stick...

*pulls up chair and starts making popcorn*

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider
I was going to take this personally, but then realized it was moved to the humor section. So I'm up from some playful banter. Are you the guy in charge of making the newbies feel welcome?

I believe in giving warm welcomes. Enjoy the heat. :p

OP
OP
S

shaneomac1202

Forum Probie
Excellent. I figure I'll be getting a ton of crap from the vets in the field so I might as well get used to it here.

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
Excellent. I figure I'll be getting a ton of crap from the vets in the field so I might as well get used to it here.

And, I find that a huge problem in EMS. The lack of proper leadership and tact. If you complain about it, you are told to simply toughen up. Vets grow very weary of telling new people the same things over and over. As, I suspect, so do Drill instructors in the military. And yet, drill instructors still manage to do their job without being surly and sarcastic.

Or, the people that have the experience and knowledge could be better leaders and drop the sarcasm and rude remarks. Wouldn't it be nice if new people could find calm guidance of a professional manner and not be made to feel like complete idiots.

mississippimedic

Forum Crew Member
And, I find that a huge problem in EMS. The lack of proper leadership and tact. If you complain about it, you are told to simply toughen up. Vets grow very weary of telling new people the same things over and over. As, I suspect, so do Drill instructors in the military. And yet, drill instructors still manage to do their job without being surly and sarcastic.

Or, the people that have the experience and knowledge could be better leaders and drop the sarcasm and rude remarks. Wouldn't it be nice if new people could find calm guidance of a professional manner and not be made to feel like complete idiots.

Drill instructors not being surly and sarcastic? Sweet and thoughtful DI's most be only in Canada. Mine were pretty hardcore, surprisingly the female instructor was by far the meanest, most hateful, ahole that I encountered at basic. I absolutely hated it then but a few years removed, it doesn't seem so bad, now it seems kinda fun. Hell I almost miss it sometimes

mycrofft

OK Murphy's Laws of EMTLIFE

1. If you post something about cars, clothes, knives, tattoos, or hitting people with oxygen cylinders, They will come.

(a.) Hopefully it is the "They" you expected.;)

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
Sometimes this place makes me feel like I have my own personal soap opera to watch..... Only somewhat less confusing. Can I have some of the popcorn please?

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
service I am TDY with right now uses duct tape instead of spider straps; but only for chemical exposure patients; (or exercise chemical patients); they may have to unstrap patient up to 6 + times