Moving for Employment

Gavin

Forum Probie
Hey everyone,

I'm an EMT-B and have tried to find a job in California, with no luck. I'm finally willing to make the move out of state. I'm sorry if there's a Ton of other threads with this, but Which State is a good state for EMT jobs?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Texas

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Not Florida and Not Alaska.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Texas, NM, Oklahoma.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
But to be honest, EMT-Basics have trouble finding work out of state. And if you do find work, most agencies will NOT cover any moving costs at the EMT-B level. But try NV, NM, TX

Refino827

Forum Probie
I just applied with Med Star in Texas, They seem to always be in need. Plus they'll help cover some of your moving costs. Definitely worth looking into. Don't move to New Mexico, haha.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just applied with Med Star in Texas, They seem to always be in need. Plus they'll help cover some of your moving costs. Definitely worth looking into. Don't move to New Mexico, haha.

Well if you want to work for the drunk taxi service aka AAS, then it's not bad lol. AMR does have ops in NM (2 911, and my division which is IFT) along with a few other smaller 911 services (like my full time 911 job in ValCo) that are a great learning enviroment