Movie Marathon Thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I started with some GTA V but after getting killed a few times I ended up doing a Pixar marathon instead 😁

Wall-E, Cars, Cars 2, Cars 3. Was gonna add in Planes and Planes: Fire & Rescue but those two weren't available on Disney Plus lol

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Woke up in the mood for some Jason Bourne today, so going to watch all 5 movies while I try to recover from eating at a LA taco wagon yesterday.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Since I passed through Yuma on my way out of California (finally) decided to watch 3:10 to Yuma last night. Much better than I expected it to be.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Was gonna add in Planes and Planes: Fire & Rescue but those two weren't available on Disney Plus lol
Amazon Prime, but you have to pay. Or! You can wait til November when they’ll be on The Plus. Just in time for renewal, haha crafty basturds.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Amazon Prime, but you have to pay. Or! You can wait til November when they’ll be on The Plus. Just in time for renewal, haha crafty basturds.
One more reason it pays to own the DVD's instead of relying on streaming services

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Was gonna do a Karate Kid marathon today to prep for binging Cobra Kai on Netflix. Turns out Karate Kid is on Starz and requires premium subscription... so I rented the original on Amazon Prime, we'll see if I rent the rest of the trilogy at 3 bucks a pop or not lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Was gonna do a Karate Kid marathon today to prep for binging Cobra Kai on Netflix. Turns out Karate Kid is on Starz and requires premium subscription... so I rented the original on Amazon Prime, we'll see if I rent the rest of the trilogy at 3 bucks a pop or not lol
It was, or is on Netflix too I thought. There is no remake in my not so humble opinion. Morita and Macchio are where it’s at.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ended up watching all 4 Karate Kid (the original trilogy and The Next Karate Kid, the one with Mr Miyagi but the girl, Julie, instead of Daniel) (I didn't watch the remake/reboot/whatever it is with Jaden Smith)

Although I'm pretty sure only the original is needed for the Cobra Kai show, the whole series was still nice (I dont think I ever actually saw Parts II or III or Next... it was alright, not as much Karate as the main trilogy, but decent character movie following Mr Miyagi ... def loved the tribute to the 442nd Infantry Regiment Mr Miyagi was a part of (amd received a MOH in) that was a smaller part of the Trilogy films.

Now I'm ready to binge some Cobra Kai on Netflix

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
All this talk about karate movies makes me want to watch some Jackie Chan. Trying to decide if I want to watch some of his earlier Chinese made films or his Hollywood set. Think I'm going old school since I'm fond of those cheesy Chinese action films wherw the dialoge doesn't sync with the lip movement. Project A, Project A2 and Dragonlord.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Although I'm pretty sure only the original is needed for the Cobra Kai show
All Valley Tournament sets the stage up. Great movie though.
Now I'm ready to binge some Cobra Kai on Netflix
If you haven’t seen any of the seasons yet, season 1 sets up the storyline pretty good. Even if you’d never watch the movie.

Movie list-wise for me, and speaking of nostalgia, I’m gonna have to watch Bill & Ted 3. It actually looks pretty good.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Tonight's movie marathon consists of some of Bruce Willis less successful films. The Last Boy Scout, Last Man Standing, and Hudson Hawk

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Stuck within sight of the Mexican border (that just closed for day) waiting on a load to cross. Guess I'm watching Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and From Dusk Till Dawn tonight.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Sorry I'm a bit behind. For Jackie Chan "the Foreigner" Is great. Also the IP Man series on netflix is amazing.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sorry I'm a bit behind. For Jackie Chan "the Foreigner" Is great. Also the IP Man series on netflix is amazing.
The Foreigner and New Police Story are actually two of my favorite movies of his...both rank behind Legend of the Drunken Master though.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Stuck within sight of the Mexican border (that just closed for day) waiting on a load to cross. Guess I'm watching Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and From Dusk Till Dawn tonight.
All spinoffs of the original, El Mariachi.

ETA: ok, maybe just the first two.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
All spinoffs of the original, El Mariachi.

ETA: ok, maybe just the first two.
And all three movies are by Rober Rodriguez, the original El Mariachi.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Going with one of the funniest actors of all time today, 1941 and Animal House. (Saving Blues Brothers for another day before anyone mentions it.)

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
One of my buddies and myself have this long standing game where we text each other random quotes from movies and the other one has to guess which movie. Today he texted me "All the dinosaurs fear the T Rex" so now I'm watching a Deadpool marathon tonight.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
One of my buddies and myself have this long standing game where we text each other random quotes from movies and the other one has to guess which movie. Today he texted me "All the dinosaurs fear the T Rex" so now I'm watching a Deadpool marathon tonight.
Not a bad way to get stuck watching deadpool