Motorcycle Paramedics

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I've decided that I'm just going to move to Australia and work for NSW ambulance as a medic on a motorcycle.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Pittsburgh EMS has had motorcycles since somewhere around 2000. I'm not sure how much they are actually utilized though.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Colorado Springs Fire has a dirt bike team that can be deployed for wildfire scouting, SAR, or during large events downtown when getting an ambulance in a timely fashion isn't possible. A neighboring combo department does similar although there's is more of a "members with dirtbikes bring them to calls" type operation/

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
We just started a motorcycle unit for special ops. At this time it is stocked at Advanced EMT Level. As if now we are the only 1st and only MC unit in our state. Had some hoops to jump through but we did it. I did have to go to police motor officer training.
74b2763b7b8c9a647cb2d0ba63a7a690.jpg

2bf6bbe1f3e222f29d679fba63f1516e.jpg

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Well done. I like it!

Is this Connecticut??? How the heck did you get this approved/justified with such a small population?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well done. I like it!

Is this Connecticut??? How the heck did you get this approved/justified with such a small population?
The summer time population swells and the area gets exceptionally congested. Beach traffic is wicked on the LI sound.

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Well done. I like it!

This is just for our town...We will do mutual aid at requests of other towns for events. The MC unit definitely helps especially when we are covering the marathons, triathlons and other events in town.