Most Odd Breakfast

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
It was at that point I thought to myself, "what the heck am I doing here."

"Having a great time..." DUH... Honestly, that sounds great...

I prefer not to eat, while in the woods. Less chance to make things move.

Not the best plan on a SAR call, when you are expending a ton of energy, to forgo sugar, calories, and those electrolytes... Or for anyone else in the woods, unless you want rescuers (complete with their movements) to have to come and pull you out of the woods (did a call like that this week for those exact reasons; not eating, not drinking, and overdoing it)... dead or alive. :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Air drop some compasses and let them figure it out.

Air drop a compass to...

...the 7 year old lost in the wilderness when we don't even know where he is?

...the 80 year old missing in the wilderness for 2 days who is suffering from liver failure secondary to dehyration and exhaustion who is A+Ox0 and near death?

...the 12 year old swept down river in spring snow melt conditions that is missing as her family weeps at the road?

...the 30 year old father of 2 that is trapped on a 300 foot rock face praying that we can get there before the weather takes him?

"These things we do so that others may live!" So, I will eat whatever nasty garbage I need to just to provide me with the few calories to keep going; knowing that no matter what kind of hardship this might be on me, it in no way compares to the plight of the missing, lost, or stranded... or their family... Ya, I agree, you probably "could never do that stuff".

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Barney_Fife

Forum Crew Member
I was thinking more like the drunk hunters. Not the people who actually need rescued. Been there. Thank God for that wheel that attaches to the stokes basket, eh?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I was thinking more like the drunk hunters. Not the people who actually need rescued. Been there. Thank God for that wheel that attaches to the stokes basket, eh?

I prefer not to play god and choose who is deserving of emergency services and my time and energy... 90 y/o babling old lady in a SNF, 25 y/o mother of 3 trapped in a vehicle roll over, 40 y/o old drunk hunter, 7 y/o scared lost boy... all the same to me... "These things we do so that others may live." If they didn't need rescue, we wouldn't be putting ourselves in harms way... of course, we could wait until they no longer need rescue, but then the media tends to get wind of it and we still have to retrieve a body...

OP
OP
B

Barney_Fife

Forum Crew Member
Oh, I don't play God. I am God. In the flesh. Since I don't believe that there is a God, per se, then I assume that if he or she were real, he, she or it, could be anyone, at anytime. So, using that theory. Yes, I could possibly be God. So, stop praying, I'm trying to sleep.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, I don't play God. I am God. In the flesh. Since I don't believe that there is a God, per se, then I assume that if he or she were real, he, she or it, could be anyone, at anytime. So, using that theory. Yes, I could possibly be God. So, stop praying, I'm trying to sleep.

So, following that logic... You don't believe god exists and yet you claim to be god... therefore, YOU DON'T EXIST... and I am therefore talking to myself... :glare:

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
My breakfast is always inappropriate. Burgers, tacos, orange chicken, etc. Yup, I work nights!

Sparky21

Forum Probie
Ya all live sheltered lives. Try the getting all the odds and ends from a pig, grind them down, add oats bit of lard dried pigs blood all wrapped up in a bit of intestine. Then add more ground pig, add herbs and mince it into more intestine. The get an aborted chicken and crack it into a pan of oil, fry till solid. Then some silvers of the back of a pig. More fried fungus, bit of tomato.

other options are to omit the blood in the first pudding, soda bread, fried potato, hash browns, cheese beans and liver.

Often served in a french bread roll. Thats a normal breakfast, the more odd ball ones are endless

Thats disgusting! I definitely just lost my appetite... my best i would have to say would be pickles turkey lunch meet and cottage cheese with a wginormous glass of milk! ;)

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
DInner is breakfast, breakfast is lunch, lunch is dinner... or any mix of those that happens to be availiable... best was wedding cake, nachos/cheese, a flat monster energy, and 8 slim jims (the small ones) for breakfast.

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
I prefer not to play god and choose who is deserving of emergency services and my time and energy... 90 y/o babling old lady in a SNF, 25 y/o mother of 3 trapped in a vehicle roll over, 40 y/o old drunk hunter, 7 y/o scared lost boy... all the same to me... "These things we do so that others may live." If they didn't need rescue, we wouldn't be putting ourselves in harms way... of course, we could wait until they no longer need rescue, but then the media tends to get wind of it and we still have to retrieve a body...

I agree. Every person is the same and deserves to be rescued if they need it. Drunk or not. We all make mistakes it just happens we don't need rescuing when we make that mistake doesn't make us any better.

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
To get back on topic... the weirdest thing I have ate for breakfast has been chocolate chip pound cake and a tall glass of cold milk.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
So, Scout describes a Denny's scramble. What??

We had MRE's for a three-day getting ready for Bosnia (thank heavens we didn't have to go), and the supposedly mixed cases contained about 86% variations on cheese and potatoes (cheesy potatoes, potatoes au gratin, and fried potates with cheese). We medics were kind and helpful to the beleagured cooks so they ley me score the good stuff for my guys.
When I was a 19 y/o lifeguard living on my own, I ate leftover Chinese takeout and leftover sushi from a weekend for three days straight, every meal.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow I've eaten the same thing for breakfast nearly every day for a decade .... man, that's just sad init? :p

I mean having said that you'd think the times I ate something weird would stand out but I just can't think of any ....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Considerign I work nights, I usually don't eat what most consider breakfast food.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
No Vegamite omlettes?

Oi, and so tastey too.