Monster Medic?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So.. I get both JEMS And EMS Magazine, and I've seen a bunch of ads for MonsterMedic.com (http://www.monstermedic.com).

Anyone know who these folks are, and/or what they are selling?

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing as of right now...............I guess we'll see in 2008! I know I'm about to wet myself with anticipation, how about you?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I believe it is Strykers new bariatric stretcher... ?

R/r 911

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing as of right now...............I guess we'll see in 2008! I know I'm about to wet myself with anticipation, how about you?

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
So I got curious and this is what I found:

On the Ems Responder site
Honoring the Best in EMS: The 23rd Annual Braun Industries/Monster Medic
EMS Magazine
It is so easy to nominate a colleague for the Braun Industries/Monster Medic EMT/Paramedic of the Year Award. Just tell us, in 500 words or less, why he or she deserves to be considered for this honor. Some areas to mention could include superior performance of duties; commitment to education and research; and innovations in prehospital care and community involvement.
The Monster Medic logo is on the side so?

And on the EMS Today site

Company Description: Monster Medic is a progressive manufacturer of emergency patient transport devices. Our products offer only the best in innovative design, technology, and safety. Stop by our booth and come check out our industry first features and benefits that make your job safer and more productive.
I don't know...it looks interesting though.

trackmedic

Forum Crew Member
Will probably be as exciting as the Segway or that movie "Cloverfield". Marketing at its best. Keep talking about it, that is what they want.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I believe they are replacing paramedics with Terminator like machines with skin coats on them.

JPINFV

Gadfly
"I have come to terminate your SVT."

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
"I have come to terminate your SVT."
I'll have to remember to use it sometimes.

I figured I'd give it a shot. Probably selling some useless crap that costs 2x what the Stryker stuff does ;)

Canoeman

Forum Crew Member
Go to the JEMS website. There is a blog about it there and it will be at EMS Today - I'll give ya the scoop after I see it -- don't think it's a Striker at all though.

Canoeman

reaper

Working Bum
I'd be intrested to hear what you think about them. They look like they took the stryker design and made it better!

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'd be intrested to hear what you think about them. They look like they took the stryker design and made it better!
I saw the flyer in this month's JEMS... I'm waiting to see it at EMS Today... I'm not sure it will be a hit... Stryker and Ferno both have strong followings in EMS.

We will see.

Jon

skyemt

Forum Captain
I saw the flyer in this month's JEMS... I'm waiting to see it at EMS Today... I'm not sure it will be a hit... Stryker and Ferno both have strong followings in EMS.

We will see.

Jon

Sooo... did you see the Monster Medic power cots? what did you think?

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah... I meant to write a "neat things from EMS Today," but never got around to it.

They had a HUGE booth and display, lots of giveaways, and lots of flash... so they put a LOT of money into the rollout.

The power stretchers look OK... they use a dual-battery system, and they have a few new additions, including a built-in scale and a system that detects that the cot is o too steep a slope and near tilting over. They also have a set of brakes that are controlled from the head of the stretcher, so you can easily maneuver an empty stretcher with one person and you don't have to wrestle with it.

The gurney also is designed to allow the knees and legs to be lifted like a hospital bed... which would probably be a lot more comfortable for a knee replacement Pt.

HOWEVER... it was beaten to the market by 2-3 years by both Stryker and Ferno, so a new company has some good ideas, but the giants have a headstart... so I think there is, at best, a 50% chance that they "catch" and get enough of a market share to keep themselves in business. This is my personal opinion, but I heard the same thought from others who saw their booth.

Of course, they might upset the market leaders... and they might also come out with OTHER products that do more than their competitors... so who knows.

They also had a stairchair that seemed to take the best parts of both the Ferno and Stryker "tank tread" stair chairs.