Mobile version of the forum

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
For those of us with smartphones, a mobile version would be fantastic. You can't fathom how long it takes to load the main page the first time you try.

Just coerce the vBulletin guys.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
For those of us with smartphones, a mobile version would be fantastic. You can't fathom how long it takes to load the main page the first time you try.

Just coerce the vBulletin guys.

Buy a better phone. Mine works just fine ;)

For the record though, mine does work well with the site. I have an HTC Touch Pro with winmo 6.1 on Sprint. loads fine.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Oh don't get me wrong, it loads fine, but with all the pictures and smilies and crap, it can get slowed down.

Luckily, I have an option to turn off graphics, but then I have to turn them back on to reply to a thread.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm actually working on this. Give me a few days, and then bug me for a status update.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oh don't get me wrong, it loads fine, but with all the pictures and smilies and crap, it can get slowed down.

Luckily, I have an option to turn off graphics, but then I have to turn them back on to reply to a thread.

Again. Get a better phone! Mine loads everything pretty darn quick. Blackberry Storm!

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
My Blackberry 8350i on the Nextel Network is slow to begin with... add graphics and it's unbearable.

A mobile version/skin would be so convenient for me.

reaper

Working Bum
It loads Fine on my BlackBerry, but it is hard to navigate through. A mobile version would make it a lot easier to read and get through the site.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
It loads fine on my iTouch and iPhone, again, Data speed dependent.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
try tweaking your phone, I haven't gotten around to tweaking my blackberry much but my old Moto Q you could change the number of simultaneous packets it sends and such making the internet much faster.