Mind over matter

TheUnderTaker

Forum Ride Along
I'v been in EMS for sometime, interest began while working in a funeral home as an apprentice. Years later here we are! In the last years I suffered a family trauma responded to a horrific call the was my own family. Tried dealing with it, then I got the bright idea, of going to the doctor. Huge mistake, the Rx was two high I overdosed at work ended up being the first call of the day. I eventually just decided to saw shove the meds i'll go to therapy and be fine. Well easier said than done, sense almost dying Iv became a huge hypochondriac. I compulsively check my own vitals, and pupils on down time and nothing is ever wrong. Calculate nutrition caffeine, nicotine intake ect Anyone else suffer from this?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The fun thing about this is that it’s plausible given the weirdness of ems

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I've done a 12 lead on myself out of sheer boredom at a stand by....a bgl and BP recently out of curiosity....I very loosely count calories and water intake, but that is because of things like running, swimming, and being in th gym. So I guess kind of? But I don't obsess over them by any means.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I remember thinking I was in SVT after drinking my first bang... but thats about it.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I recommend more therapy.

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Ha! I've had a cough for like 3 months. Doc tried everything, still had it. Sent me for a CT and then to an ENT. He snuck a scope down and saw some irritation, set me up with a GI doc. Just had that today, so I'm mellow in a post propofol daze. Something called silent reflux, a result of 40 some years of Navy and public safety coffee swilling, plus Vitamin "I".

The CT was interesting. Got a small 2mm nodule in one lung, no worries if not smoking. Kidney has a 3 mm spiked bowling ball waiting to break loose, and gall bladder has a few non obstructive stones.

I felt better when I was coughing. At least they got a good shot of the pancreas and that is clear. Pancreatic cancer scares the crap out of me. No family history but I transported quite a few patients and all of them said they had no symptoms until it was too late.

Hey Undie, maybe you can talk someone into a gratis CT.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Pancreatic cancer scares the crap out of me. No family history but I transported quite a few patients and all of them said they had no symptoms until it was too late.

I've already decided if I get diagnosed with it, I will not try to battle it. But enjoy what time I have left. Everyone that I know that has tried treatment got very ill from the treatment and then died.

OP
OP
T

TheUnderTaker

Forum Ride Along
Ha! I've had a cough for like 3 months. Doc tried everything, still had it. Sent me for a CT and then to an ENT. He snuck a scope down and saw some irritation, set me up with a GI doc. Just had that today, so I'm mellow in a post propofol daze. Something called silent reflux, a result of 40 some years of Navy and public safety coffee swilling, plus Vitamin "I".

The CT was interesting. Got a small 2mm nodule in one lung, no worries if not smoking. Kidney has a 3 mm spiked bowling ball waiting to break loose, and gall bladder has a few non obstructive stones.

I felt better when I was coughing. At least they got a good shot of the pancreas and that is clear. Pancreatic cancer scares the crap out of me. No family history but I transported quite a few patients and all of them said they had no symptoms until it was too late.

Hey Undie, maybe you can talk someone into a gratis CT.
i love the nickname undie