Meeting with the TBI

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Margaritaville@Jan 17 2005, 12:19 PM
No, it is not the reason I am on this forum. (I originally came here to see how other departments ran i.e. 1st , 2nd and 3rd service, but I'll start that thread later)

You all are quite funny. I have a "friend" (paramedic) who had thier tail handed to them in court. Its a cruddy feeling. They bring up the oddest details. Its just something you never forget!!

Be safe,

B)
Sorry, I meant that comment for rescuecpt.

I am always leary of being called into court for any reason. The part that has me even more concerned is that my department maintains an "unofficial" logbook of all calls. We're supposed to write in this book any information that is not appropriate for our patient care reports. I've been told that our lawyer says this book can not be used in court, but I disagree. If we receive a subpeona for "all documents" pertaining to a certain call, I think the book is included in this.

My other concern about this is that we won't be able to just photocopy the appropriate pages, since an attorney will claim that we left something out. Therefore, we will have to give them the entire book and they'll have access to information protected by HIPAA and other laws for other patients.

I personally refuse to write any comments in this book, despite having received direct orders to do so.