Medlife? Stay Away!

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
This is just a heads up for those thinking to apply at Medlife.

Short story: Don't.

Long story: Once upon a time this BLS company was amazing. It cared about its employees and one of irs greatest accomplishments was firing emts left and right like we were garbage.

In LA County that is something hard to come by. Not that I've ever been at risk or had this problem, but it was nice to know my company had my back.

Those days are gone.

This company survived a meltdown just to thaw out and piss itself away. The company was shut down by LA County but managed to claw its way back to the BLS ranks.

They promised the EMTS the raised they deserved in return for their support and allegiance. I reluctantly returned but couldn't turn down a 24 hour shift. 24 hour BLS shifts are easily dying out in LA and OC.

However, we no longer have 24 hour shifts. They were yanked out from under us for the sheer reason that they couldn't manage to get us breaks or give us partners that didn't have DUIS to work with.

Even though we were BLS we ran nonstop. Back to back calls. No breaks. No rest. No sympathy.

We were asked to do day cars after our 24s and if we didn't we often were not treated nice.

It was here I saw the company was souring and began looking elsewhere for employment

The company is now under several lawsuits and trying to stay afloat. I can't imagine they will be around for more than another year. Time will tell.

I personally hope they burn. I hope for all the people they lied to mistreated and kicked when they were down that they get eliminated from he roster.

I heard they're even closing down their OC station.

Please, stay away from Medlife. You may google and find it was once a great company to work for but this is no longer true.

Feel free to ask questions as well.

Hope you all liked my overly dramatic tale of woe :p

But I'm glad I was here. I learned that when things start to sour they don't always turn around. hope don't fix ****. Action does

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Does that douche bag with the mustache and wears a badge at his hip still work their? lol I had the opportunity to work for them for a week. What made me quit was being pulled into the one guys office and being told "Bro, in your narrative you put that patient was found standing at dialysis center and was placed on gurney stand and pivot. Same for when they got back to care center. We need you to change that. It's not billable you can put patient found sitting or in bed and they needed to be carried and placed on gurney because they are weak. You put down no medical need for ambulance you need to put bed confined or flu symptoms. Doctor will back up at facility." That was enough for me. Quit the next day.lol

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Does that douche bag with the mustache and wears a badge at his hip still work their? lol I had the opportunity to work for them for a week. What made me quit was being pulled into the one guys office and being told "Bro, in your narrative you put that patient was found standing at dialysis center and was placed on gurney stand and pivot. Same for when they got back to care center. We need you to change that. It's not billable you can put patient found sitting or in bed and they needed to be carried and placed on gurney because they are weak. You put down no medical need for ambulance you need to put bed confined or flu symptoms. Doctor will back up at facility." That was enough for me. Quit the next day.lol
Bro... But bro... Bro...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Oh, for a recorder and whistleblower money...

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I'm not going to lie, hip badge is a pretty baller move for private ambulance. I've considered hip badge myself, but am torn between that or badge hanging from chain around neck.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm not going to lie, hip badge is a pretty baller move for private ambulance. I've considered hip badge myself, but am torn between that or badge hanging from chain around neck.
Is this in addition to the chest and thigh rigs for essential life saving equipment? And where do you keep your zip ties and handcuffs? You know, just in case duty calls.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I opted out of the handcuffs. I got some of those cool Velcro Posey wrist restraints and hang them off my belt.

When I walk into a facility wearing my blue EMS flak jacket, chain badge, with my Posey's, pocket mask, and trauma shears hanging off my belt, everyone knows I'm the most experienced and capable provider in that dialysis facility. This job is about command presence and I've got it. If suddenly all the patients have a syncopal and this routine pick up goes full MCI. I'm ready to handle it all like the EMS God that I am.

EmsEnigma

Forum Ride Along
Point being That for any new EMT looking for a job... I strongly advise to look somewhere else. The EMTs here for the most part are great but if youre looking for somewhere that you want to be treated with respect and not played stupid with, there are plenty of other legitimate companies that have much more to offer