Medic Students!!!

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
You better pass JT!!! Make us paintballers proud.

So... before I started cardiology, I was nervous about ACLS and all those algorithms. Why? Having gone through them, they seem so simple now.

I learn so much better by listening then by reading...

It's funny how that happens. I was looking over an old diagram representing the primary survey and part of the rest of the clinical approach and it all looked quite simple and made perfect sense. But I remember when I first looked at it, it was a jumbled mess of things that didn't make any sense.

Being as it is that I'm a nerd, I'd like to start a thread on diagrammatic representations of the clinical approach for discussion....somehow I don't think it would take.:blush:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Out of the 10 from my class and the 10 from the other EMS academy in town.... All 20 passed first try on the pracitcals! That's one step down :D

TommyKeet

Forum Probie
I start my medic class on Aug 31, wish me luck! Any advise for me?

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I start my medic class on Aug 31, wish me luck! Any advise for me?

Enjoy your time off till class starts. Don't sweat things....umm study. Find a study method that works for you and stick with it. Take some college level courses before or immediately after your class. A&P, biology, chemistry, english, maybe some pharmacology or ethics classes.

Look at getting some additional books to help you out. Personally I bought (buying):

Dale Dubin: Rapid Interpretation of EKG

Pharamacology for the Prehopistal Professional

PHTLS (Even if you're class doesn't take PHTLS which alot don't. I recommend this book, it's a very good read to just sit down with.)

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Feeling good, passed my PHTL today (missed 4 of 50). My instructor also took the test (we had a different company teaching us) cause his was about to expire and missed 5. Of the 4 other medic students and the other 5 flight medics, me and two other flight medics missed 4. So yea, feeling good right now.

futuremedic

Forum Probie
I am done with my classes!! I am going to Abilene Tx to test on the 12th of Sept and then on to take the computerized test. What a good feeling!

TommyKeet

Forum Probie
I am done with my classes!! I am going to Abilene Tx to test on the 12th of Sept and then on to take the computerized test. What a good feeling!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to start my class! By the way how long was your class?

Tiberius

Forum Crew Member
Gettin' ready to start pharmacology.

Good luck to all those getting ready to start class as well as to those testing out.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Gah.

I hate students who act immature because you have a better grade than they do.......

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Gah.

I hate students who act immature because you have a better grade than they do.......

right.......you shouldn't hate yourself:p

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So, we had a quiz Saturday. It had to do with drugs indicated, and their dosage (in ml).

Thing is, we had a quiz the day before over drug indications, and their dosage for that indication (you know... in mg), which I got a 100% on. So what do I, and half the class, do? We do drugs in MG!!!!

So we blow through the quiz and head off to lunch. The other, slower people then get told by the teacher to "Hey, check the directions". He left the class looking for us that were already done, but we were off at lunch.

So the people in the class who usually have the best grades, ended up failing the test with the correct answers (just in wrong form), while the people with the worse grades got the best on the quiz... then proceeded to rub it in.

I got a 47 on it. Dropped my quiz percentage from 95 to 92. Oh well, it's just a quiz, and a fluke. Luckily the lowest quiz grade gets dropped at midterm ^_^

Next time I'll read the directions.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I failed an entire subject because I copied the exam timetable into my phone incorrectly. Right day, right time, right room, WRONG WEEK. FFFFFFFFUUUUU____________. Six months down the tosser.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
We pick clinicals next week in class based on GPA in the class.

I feel bad for the people with the lowest grades in class... they get all the crappy shifts.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Finally got my final internship schedule. starting Sept 18th Fri,Sat,Sun 1130-0030. Should be an interesting 2-5 weeks.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
We start Oct 1st with clinicals. Only 4 (maybe 5) left in class. Shouldn't be too difficult to get our clinical hours done ;)

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Sounds like fun.

My internship starts in Feb... final is in January. Can't believe it's only a little over 3 months away.

@Dom Only 5?!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We start Oct 1st with clinicals. Only 4 (maybe 5) left in class. Shouldn't be too difficult to get our clinical hours done ;)

How many students did ya'll start with?