Medic Students!!!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
If anything, sticking eachother makes you more apprehensive then sticking a pt, because a pt can't stick you back!

Screw up on a classmate, wiggle the catheter around in their arm, and remember that they get to poke you in about 30 seconds....

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, needles don't bother me one bit. I just don't want to poke someone, or be poked unless it's necessary.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I hate being poked. I can't stand seeing a needle go in to me or see my own blood. I have to lie down and look away for others to poke me.

But I can poke others all day and not be affected. The "pop" is just so cool :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Almost done with what should have been my last internship... But I'm going to be extended... I'm told that I'm teching the call too much and not leading like they would like to see.
So I get to do my final testing and captstone, then do my NR/NM practical testing this coming week. But then I'm off for 4 weeks (which will be nice to have a few days off from everything), then it's back for 5 more weeks of internship. Then I can take my NR written test.

I'm a little upset over this, but my thought is that this will help me become a better medic when I get out there on my own.

Cruz

Forum Ride Along
I start Phase 1 of medic program on 8/31. I have to take a human biology class this semester as well. I have a feeling this is going to be a long 11 months...wish me luck!

BTW...1st post!:D

medic417

The Truth Provider
If anything, sticking eachother makes you more apprehensive then sticking a pt, because a pt can't stick you back!

Screw up on a classmate, wiggle the catheter around in their arm, and remember that they get to poke you in about 30 seconds....

3.gif
[/IMG]

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
We stick each other. It did hurt, and I have endured lip piercing that hurt way less than the new medic student trying to stick an IV in me.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
It's unfortunate for me, we stick so few times in class. I've only gotten one successful stick on a classmate, but I get 9/10 on the IV arm (which does have difficult sticks on it). So I'm a bit apprehensive about the clinicals at the start. Gonna be hurting a few people till I get it.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So... pulmonology test, drug dosage quiz, and protocol quiz tomorrow.

I'm good on the protocol, I am not worried about pulmonology. I spent all day quizzing myself on drug dosages. I did well.

Hopefully I don't freeze and blank during the quiz.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yea, my teacher said that pulmonology is traditionally one of the lowest scoring exams in the whole class (the honor goes to pharm), so we'll see.

I have the highest grade in the class... here's to maintaining that!^_^

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Aced pulmonology... now on to cardiac.

I've been doing Dubins book for a couple of months now, and another EKG book recently, so I feel like all this is simple, but many people looked lost in class last night just over A&P and atrial rhythm basics.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Aced pulmonology... now on to cardiac.

I've been doing Dubins book for a couple of months now, and another EKG book recently, so I feel like all this is simple, but many people looked lost in class last night just over A&P and atrial rhythm basics.

I always found cardiology simple.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Cleared from class to take the NR practical exam tomorrow morning! Then it's a 4 week break, then back for 2-5 weeks of internship, then after I pass that it'll be time to take the NREMT-P written exam

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You better pass JT!!! Make us paintballers proud.

So... before I started cardiology, I was nervous about ACLS and all those algorithms. Why? Having gone through them, they seem so simple now.

I learn so much better by listening then by reading...