Medic Students!!!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Had a 130 question exam on Saturday.

I'm the only person to get above a 90% on the test.

*Toots own horn*

medic417

The Truth Provider
Like I told ya before... you secretly want to fail.

I mean, who wants to be a paramedic anyway? End up like medic417 or Rid? No thanks!

:p

Hey now.:glare:

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
DFW is a big place, good luck finding me in Crowley!

Crap... ^_^

medic417

The Truth Provider
DFW is a big place, good luck finding me in Crowley!

Crap... ^_^

Don't worry I'm to old. Probably wouldn't survive the 600 mile drive anyway. :unsure:

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Let's see... 2 quizzes on Friday, one over pharmo, and one over the protocols for resp. distress.

Then Tuesday, a quiz over pharmo, and an exam on pulmonology.

My teacher said, and I quote "This week we start the hardest 3 months of medic school... say bye to your families"...

medic417

The Truth Provider

itzfrank

Forum Crew Member
Final tonight...

I sleep one more night before I take my Medic final. I've never been nervous, but to think all this time/work could be lost with one test is making me a tinge on the nervous side... Anywho, I'll mention what happens after I know.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Just found this thread, woooo. Over the halfway point by a couple months, I was put off by such a long course at teh beginning but I'm so grateful for it now, lets you focus on things and not feel rushed or as put above "say goodbye to your families". We do classroom, then clinicals start in Oct, once you have finished your min hours and contacts for each section we have the ambulance clinicals to finish. No classes at all during this time however from the moment class ends we have 1 verbal interview (with med director) during hospital clinicals, 1 verbal during ambulance clinicals and 1 verbal before we're cleared to take the national. We also meet once a month during clinicals to take a mock boards written and practical stations of which grades factor into the overall grade.

Needless to say October is approaching awfully quickly ;)

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So how'd it go?

I really wish the makers of EKG strip books would tell you which lead they are taking a strip from.... makes it much easier to visualize how the current is actually going. This way I don't see a huge T wave and think OH MY GOD!

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
So how'd it go?

I really wish the makers of EKG strip books would tell you which lead they are taking a strip from.... makes it much easier to visualize how the current is actually going. This way I don't see a huge T wave and think OH MY GOD!

The way I've understood it (from the different books I've seen) that unless it specifies otherwise you should expect to be reading Lead II.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
So how'd it go?

It went alright. I know the material.

You should expect them to be in Lead II, unless they say otherwise.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm buying along as well, but there are some pretty much guaranteed ones, such as Dubins book ^_^

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Depends.

I'm liking the EKG strip book I bought though. Re-reading Dubins book one section at a time, then doing that portion inside the strip book.