Medic numbers

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
My company # is 256*. It shows seniority at our company, which is important for shift bids :p

Edit: Funny, my partners I number is 160*** and mine is 161*** and this is his first EMT job, and i've been at the company 6 months longer than him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
In the last year, the state changed how it does cert numbers. It used to be that there was a 2 digit number, signifying the county you lived in, followed by the number of certs issued in that county (xx xxxxx format). I have no idea how the new numbering system works. It is an 8 digit number, with a dash between the first 4 and last 4 digits. That number is used for all state certs you hold - fire, ems, haz mat, etc - and not just ems, like the old numbering system.

OP
OP
BLSBoy

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
In Jersey, you get a state ID number, for all correspondence with the state, and its printed on your ID card.
All Medics are assigned a number, which is what number paramedic they are, starting with Medic 0001, up to Medic 3300 (roughly what they are up to). This is since the inception of MICUs.
MICNs (Mobile Intensive Care Nurses) are assigned an 80xx number.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
In Jersey, you get a state ID number, for all correspondence with the state, and its printed on your ID card.
All Medics are assigned a number, which is what number paramedic they are, starting with Medic 0001, up to Medic 3300 (roughly what they are up to). This is since the inception of MICUs.
MICNs (Mobile Intensive Care Nurses) are assigned an 80xx number.

Strangely, I haven't seen a very wide range of numbers. I think they may be up to 3400 now, but I haven't seen numbers below the 2700s - not that they don't exist, I just haven't happened across them.

Medics hereabouts have their medic number on their badges (since MONOC wears badges).

If we haven't gotten above 3500 medics in the many years that MICUs have been in service, we probably don't have enough medics. ;p

OP
OP
BLSBoy

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Strangely, I haven't seen a very wide range of numbers. I think they may be up to 3400 now, but I haven't seen numbers below the 2700s - not that they don't exist, I just haven't happened across them.

Medics hereabouts have their medic number on their badges (since MONOC wears badges).

If we haven't gotten above 3500 medics in the many years that MICUs have been in service, we probably don't have enough medics. ;p

You don't see to many of em cause none of them put up with OH NO. Err, MONOC.
I work with Medic 0043 on occasion.

OP
OP
BLSBoy

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
You mean $13/hour isn't reason enough to stay?!

They offered me a job while I was a Medic In Training (trained out of state, just came to Jersey, like a paid medic student cause I have yet to get my MICP) with AtlantiCare. I asked how much. It was only a dollar above my Medic in training pay grade.
I make over 21/hr, and drive 10 minutes to get to my duty station.
They wanted to pay me 18/hr and drive an hr and 10 minutes to the closest truck they had to me.

Friggin jokers they are.