Medic numbers

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Anywhere else place pride on your cert/license numbers?
Up here, it's a pretty big deal, it's your radio call sign, its your badge number, and a source of pride.
Any other places do this, or just us bassasckward people in Jersey?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nope. My NREMT number, MA EMT number (my California number was the same as my NREMT number), school ID numbers, drivers license number, and AOA membership number are all just numbers that I write down where appropriate.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
My number is 218750. Remember that *****es!!!

My number is a NYS number you get when your an EMT-B and keep for lifetime. I like the number but it means nothing.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

My number is a NYS number you get when your an EMT-B and keep for lifetime. I like the number but it means nothing.

You're just jealous that people like Rid and Vent have single digit numbers. :p:p:p

zmedic

Forum Captain
Where I used to work we had a company number. So the lower the number the earlier you joined the company. It was sort of a quick way to figure out how green someone was. We had to put everyone on the call's number on the run forms so we saw each others numbers a lot. Not a big deal but when someone had 400 numbers back from you they got a little extra respect.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Oh, yea... and the AAEM doesn't hand out numbers (well, at least to student members, but still).

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP

LOL!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
my new york number was 096796 (I think)

and I always take pride in my NJ number, esp since they changed their system and now I have a 5 in mine lol

RyanMidd

Forum Lieutenant
The only numbers you should be concerned about are the ones on your paycheck.

Hear hear.

That being said, here your "RO" (I think it stands for registered operator?) number is dependent on your level of training. Mine is a "RO4" number, meaning I am an EMT. "RO3" are EMRs, and "RO5" numbers are full paramedics. You keep your number unless your certification lapses or you are stripped of it, as far as I can tell.

It's just a number you stick on your PCRs, or relay when you transfer care. The Alberta College of Paramedics keeps an updated list of all registered medics of all levels on their website, so I like to pop online and check whether people are telling the truth when they say they're a medic, or a certain level of medic. I've met some fakes, which is unnerving.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
The only numbers you should be concerned about are the ones on your paycheck.

and the taxes that the federal government takes out <_<

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Hear hear.

It's just a number you stick on your PCRs, or relay when you transfer care.
That makes it a very important number. Your name and signature may not always be legible but if you want to be notified quickly of possible infectious disease exposure, your number will be the easiest identifier as your company will know it or it will be on the state website (U.S.). It is also a tracking number for your CEUs which FL does have a very nice system set up with a service that keeps all my license numbers and records for all of my CEUs. It can also be your sign-on for secure EMS forums where you can not be anonymous. Any correspondence with your state can be expedited with the use of the number. Even if your name changes by marriage, your Paramedic number will stay the same which makes tracking your history easier. If your name is common to many, it will also keep from mixups at the state level which could mean not getting your license revoked when it was supposed to be the other Mr. Smith. Computers also like numbers when it comes to renewals and can make that process a little easier.

OP
OP
BLSBoy

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
I guess it's just something that us Jersey Medics are damn proud of.
When you put MICP 3247 (My NJ MICP#) on something, its just as good as signing it. And you don't sign something that you aren't proud of.

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
It's just a number I have to put on my PCR, job applications, etc.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
my new york number was 096796 (I think)

and I always take pride in my NJ number, esp since they changed their system and now I have a 5 in mine lol

you took the NYS in the early 80s?

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
NYS # 3024xx, 8/02. How high up are the cert #'s now?

Medic744

Forum Captain
I couldnt tell you what my cert number is, Id have to find it. Our employee ID/radio ID/and driver # for fuel are all based on your level. My old number was 744 and I finally got my new one(which I dont remember but am sure its important). The lower the number the higher the rank. Ex 700s=admin staff
720=paramedics

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
Some of the new EMT's I see in Syracuse are up to the 37XXXX's....

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
NREMT numbers are 8 digits long, my Michigan number is 10 digits, and my company employee ID is 6 digits long. No pride in any of them. The only one I remember is my employee ID as I have to use it for ePCR login, time clock, etc.