Med. Chopper Down, 3 dead

Capt.Hook

Forum Crew Member
Right in my backyard. Another 5 mins flight time, we would have been the primary response. My heart sank to hear, then to read the online updates. I wish I had more info to share.

Deep thoughts to the families and friends of anyone involved.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends that have lost so much.......-_-

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
A bit off topic, but do many places have flight surgeons on board med choppers? that surprised me when I was reading the article as I thought that U Chicago was one of the last few that had MD's on helicopters (Excluding prehospital researchers/primary investigators)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
My heart goes out to the family and friends of the crew.

Aero Med of Grand Rapids, Michigan staffs with RN/MD teams.

Capt.Hook

Forum Crew Member
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2008/05/22/news/00lead.txt

The latest in our local paper. The MedLink helo, based at the local hosp was being used for a multiple car collision, in which an elderly couple died, north of La Crosse about 30 miles. This helo was called for assistance. Turned out the patient, an elderly female, died 2 days later from cardiac issues, I believe.

As the article states, it could be a while before all the info is known. Bummer about the whole deal.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
A bit off topic, but do many places have flight surgeons on board med choppers?
CareFlight in the Columbus / Dayton / Cincinnati, OH area does not. They carry a pilot, a flight nurse and a flight paramedic.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of life though.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
My deepest sympathies to the families.

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
What a tragic event to happen. My deepest sympathies to the families and friends.

MDKEMT:p

firecoins

IFT Puppet
CareFlight in the Columbus / Dayton / Cincinnati, OH area does not. They carry a pilot, a flight nurse and a flight paramedic.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of life though.

Same here w/o the suregeon. Never seen that one before. I don't know.