McCormick Written Test?

LAEMS888

Forum Ride Along
I just finished EMT school a little over a month ago. I had an interview with care, unfortunately I did not get the job. Which really sucks, because they pretty much the largest 911 contract for almost all of LA/OC. My second best option would be McCormick. I'm scheduled to take their written test on the 13th. Does anyone on here have any idea as to what I should expect on the test? I was sent an email given examples of points that are going to be covered, but nothing specific - just general points. Is it a hard test, could it be compared to the nremt?
  1. KED operations
  2. Blood pressure (What does it measure)
  3. Normal base line vitals
  4. CMS/PMS When applying a traction splint
  5. On scene parking of a TC/MVA
  6. Air Way management
  7. Spinal injuries
  8. Lifting techniques
  9. Multiple medical and trauma scenarios
  10. Burn scale
  11. lung sounds
  12. TIA's
  13. Shock
  14. Allergies
  15. Syncope
  16. Baby Deliveries
  17. Head trauma
Thank you guys for any advice!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
it looks like they told you the topics, as well as some of the questions, and what people often fail on.

Know the topics mentioned, expect multiple scenarios, rule of 9s, what lung sounds indicate, how to deliver a baby, and how to properly park at an MVA, as well as every drug you can give within your scope of practice.

I've never taken the test, but at least they have you 17 topics, vs simply saying show up on this day, and anything and everything is fair game.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It's been like 4+ years since I've taken it (Its been 2 years since I last worked for McCormick) but if I recall correctly, its basic NR stuff. Maybe some LA Co specifics, but I dont recall anything wazoo or particularly crazy, just basic EMT stuff.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Last time I took it it was basic EMT nremt question’s. Nothing crazy. Was I think 50 questions? If you recently passed registry you will be okay

Omar40467

Forum Probie
They didn’t mention anything about taking a map test the day of the written test on the email they sent me....hmmm

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
They didn’t mention anything about taking a map test the day of the written test on the email they sent me....hmmm

Might have changed. That was like 3 years ago or so when I took the written exam and map test. Was also a physical text which consisted of a body drag back and forth in hallway

Omar40467

Forum Probie
Oh okay cause they just basically sent me info for the written test ,body drag ,and then the trauma/medical assesment. I wonder if they just scrapped the whole map test thing.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Oh okay cause they just basically sent me info for the written test ,body drag ,and then the trauma/medical assesment. I wonder if they just scrapped the whole map test thing.

They might have. I haven’t interviewed anywhere since then that map tested at all. Actually haven’t even done a skills test for interview In awhile also 🤷🏼‍♂️