McCormick uniform

Bcez19

Forum Probie
Hello all,
I recently got hired at McCormick Ambulance in la county. They provide 2 pairs of uniforms. But with my schedule I need more than that. Does anyone know where to get good ones or cheap ones or really any suggestions I’ll take. Thanks!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hello all,
I recently got hired at McCormick Ambulance in la county. They provide 2 pairs of uniforms. But with my schedule I need more than that. Does anyone know where to get good ones or cheap ones or really any suggestions I’ll take. Thanks!

Google the brand and style of pants and shirt and buy them online.

I worked for a company that had us wearing Van Heusen pilot shirts that cost 45 bucks at the uniform store, but could be found for less than $20 on line. (I bought some on clearance for 9 dollars each) I asked the office for patches and had them sewn at a tailor for a couple of bucks per shirt. That way I always had good looking, pressed uniform shirts.

If they don’t care what pants you wear, get a few pairs of what you like. I’m a big fan of the LAPG core cargo pants. They’re ripstop, look great, don’t fade and they’re about 15 bucks a pair. And if I ruin a pair, I just toss them.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Do they only give 2 sets Now? Coulda sworn I got more than that when I started...but that was 2 years ago now so they could easily have changed that...or more likely I could just be completely misremembering lol

Anyways, any sort of navy blue uniforms that looks like what everyone else is wearing should work. I.e. the short sleeve button up collard shirts and straight pants (not tacti-cool cargo pants). Just ask a Supe or anyone in management for the patches (may take them a little while).

Westways Uniforms in Gardena (off of Western and 180th St) has both the regular uniforms and the fancy (and pricey) Nomex uniforms. Sometimes they even have the patches, sometimes not, just ask them.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
If I know AMR, you all will be getting those Horace Small shirts.

MyNameIsRobert

Forum Ride Along
I just got hired by them too, I'm doing my FTO shifts right now. I've only used one of my 2 uniforms washed them of course.