McCormick Ambulance ?

AudiGirl

Forum Probie
Any helpful interviewing tips for this company would be appreciated!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Where at in the hiring process are you? I.e. did you already do your written and mapping test? Or already passed those and have the interview and assessment and lift test coming up next?

OP
OP
AudiGirl

AudiGirl

Forum Probie
Where at in the hiring process are you? I.e. did you already do your written and mapping test? Or already passed those and have the interview and assessment and lift test coming up next?

No none of that. Thanks for the heads up! it'll be my first interview as an EMT.

VegaB

Forum Ride Along
No none of that. Thanks for the heads up! it'll be my first interview as an EMT.

Thanks for posting. I just got the email with my testing date in a few days. I was hoping you could provide some guidance on where to focus my studies for the EMT written test and assessment test. It'd be much appreciated.

USHmedic

Forum Probie
If I remember correctly from when I was at McCormick a couple years ago, I studied assessments using the NREMT templates (trauma/medical) and as far as the written goes it was similar to most EMT program finals. So brush up on knowing the signs and symptoms of chest pain, stroke, shock, etc. and how to treat and manage those patients. Also if you're not familiar with how to use a Thomas guide, find someone who does or youtube a tutorial. I would see a lot of guys fail it cause they had never used one. Hope that helps and good luck. I'm sure @Jim37F can validate that.

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the process with McCormick as well. I passed their written test but I didn't pass the mapping test first time around so I got to retake it today and I passed. I got dummy drag, skills, and interview scheduled next week. How does the interview go?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm in the process with McCormick as well. I passed their written test but I didn't pass the mapping test first time around so I got to retake it today and I passed. I got dummy drag, skills, and interview scheduled next week. How does the interview go?

Search on the forum. There are plenty of threads created on this very topic.

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
I got picked up by PRN actually. Dropped out of McCormick hiring process because I found out I would have to make extremely long commutes. IFT is still good in my book as long as I can get the work experience and money for medic school

Btw for those of you in McCormick's process, be prepared to know all your BLS treatments and patient assessment specifics. They will literally dissect through your assessment even though it's the NREMT skills sheet.