Massachusetts Ambulance Companies

medic258

Forum Crew Member
Everyone has their own opinion but I love it. I have been there since 2002. Shoot me a pm if you need some info.

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
Armstrong
HQ is Arlington - BLS base with one ALS intercept, a few transporting ALS too, typically one.
Medford - primary 911, mostly an ALS base
Cambridge - one ALS intercept
Burlington - small BLS base with, one ALS intercept truck
wilmington - 7-8 BLS trucks
brighton - 4 BLS trucks
waltham - relocating to smaller waltham base 10-ish trucks
woburn - will be up and running in less than a week
stoneham - 3 BLS with 1 ALS transporting
hanscom - P/B
concrod - bls and 1 ALS transporting

You'll do a fair amount of transfers with mostly nursing home/doctor office emergencies and the occasional street call with medics.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I see. Who covers Somerville? Does the FD have EMS within the Dept. at all or not?

Somerville is covered by Cataldo. As far as I'm aware FD responds on almost all medical calls and most, if not all, FFs are EMT-Bs (maybe a few Medics).

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Armstrong
HQ is Arlington - BLS base with one ALS intercept, a few transporting ALS too, typically one.
Medford - primary 911, mostly an ALS base
Cambridge - one ALS intercept
Burlington - small BLS base with, one ALS intercept truck
wilmington - 7-8 BLS trucks
brighton - 4 BLS trucks
waltham - relocating to smaller waltham base 10-ish trucks
woburn - will be up and running in less than a week
stoneham - 3 BLS with 1 ALS transporting
hanscom - P/B
concrod - bls and 1 ALS transporting

You'll do a fair amount of transfers with mostly nursing home/doctor office emergencies and the occasional street call with medics.

Say if I wind up living in Arlington or Cambridge area, would it be more likely to work in Arlington since the HQ base is there anyways, as well as Brighton maybe too? Just out of curiousity.

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
What's up with the "push" style bumper on Boston EMS? Do they really not move for y'all up there?

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
If your a EMT looking for 911 contracts patriot might be something to look at. Medstar, Vital and Community might also be good to look at. I was offered a job at patriot and worked there for two weeks. My trainer John was very good and most of the people there we nice.

I left after two weeks because the distance I had to travel and they pay and a few other reasons. If you want some feedback or advice PM me.