Massachusetts Ambulance Companies

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Basically what I am doing is listing ambulance companies that I am looking at for whenever I get my EMT or Paramedic. If anyone has any experience with these, please do tell. I would like to know.

Boston EMS (which I know includes extensive training but being there would be a dream come true)
Fallon Ambulance-Boston metro area
Armstrong Ambulance-Arlington, Cambridge, Somerville
Pro EMS-Cambridge, Somerville
Action Ambulance (North Shore area, do they serve Boston?)
Eascare-Dorchester area
Angels Ambulance-Quincy area
McCall Ambulance-Dorchester area as far as I know, one of my friends who is an EMT-B works for them.

If theres anything else, that would be great. If you have any kind of experience, please let me know.

feldy

Forum Captain
Im not sure if these are too far away from where you are but:
Trinity EMS-Lowell area (911 and ITF)
Patriot Ambulance-Lawrence/Lowell
Lyons Ambulance-Northshore

Keep in mind that some of the boston area companies may require you to live close by but im not sure about that so dont hold me to it.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Welcome to EMTLife. Are you already taking your EMT class, if not, this is a bit premature. Finish your class and certification before comparing companies for hire-- the situation may be different then. With that said, there has been some discussion of many of those companies here before, just search their names. I recall KEVD had an interesting synopsis.

For a complete listing of ambulance companies in the Boston area, use the OEMS website. http://db.state.ma.us/dph/amb/amb_search.asp
FYI, Region 4 is Metro-Boston

Alternativly, you can check out the region's website, at
http://www.mbemsc.org/
It looks old, but is updated fairly often.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Meh, thought I'd ask anyway.

I am familiar with Lyons. When I was younger I'd see them all over my town as well.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I believe that Angels Ambulance is no longer around.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Meh, thought I'd ask anyway.

I am familiar with Lyons. When I was younger I'd see them all over my town as well.

Again, I have heard, and know something (or a lot) about the companies you have mentioned, but consider doing some research yourself. Where do you live? Where are you taking your class?

Contact me by PM if you are wondering about any company specifically.

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
where are you taking the emt-b course?

I am thinking about Center for Medics in Cambridge. Theres some community colleges I am looking at as well.

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Again, I have heard, and know something (or a lot) about the companies you have mentioned, but consider doing some research yourself. Where do you live? Where are you taking your class?

Contact me by PM if you are wondering about any company specifically.

Technically, I have done as much research as I probably could. I live on the North Shore.

feldy

Forum Captain
there are a few courses up in the northshore that you could take...i took mine at nscc. If you have any questions about it you can pm me. Ive heard good things about when seconds count also.

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Thats one of the place I might be considering. I am also looking at an EMT and Paramedicine program at Southern Maine Community College in Portland. As well as Center for medics, etc.

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
CMTI inc in Whitman is starting an EMT program in January, don't know if that is too far for you.

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I dont have a clue where that is. haha.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Armstrong covers Medford, not Somerville or Cambridge.

Cambridge is covered by Professional EMS, who runs the Center for Medics.

Somerville is covered Cataldo, who also cover Chelsea, Everett, Lynn, Malden, Marblehead, Melrose, Peabody, Revere, Salem, and Saugus.

Other companies that come to mind:
Trinity
AMR

OP
OP
Nick647

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
I see. Who covers Somerville? Does the FD have EMS within the Dept. at all or not?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Armstrong covers Medford, not Somerville or Cambridge.

Cambridge is covered by Professional EMS, who runs the Center for Medics.

Somerville is covered Cataldo, who also cover Chelsea, Everett, Lynn, Malden, Marblehead, Melrose, Peabody, Revere, Salem, and Saugus.

Other companies that come to mind:
Trinity
AMR

...but who's on first?