Anjel

Forum Angel
oops

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Tell on yourself, get in less trouble.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
That's awful. I feel bad for the family and for the crew. The crew were idiots not to report what happened but imagine how bad they must feel.

OP
OP
Martyn

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
That's awful. I feel bad for the family and for the crew. The crew were idiots not to report what happened but imagine how bad they must feel.

My bet is they only feel bad 'cos they got found out

Sasha

Forum Chief
My bet is they only feel bad 'cos they got found out

Have you ever dropped a patient? With that comment i bet no.

To me that was the worst feeling in the world. Worse than having a patient die on you because YOU caused your patient to get hurt, it was your fault.

Anyone would feel just awful.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Martyn

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Have you ever dropped a patient? With that comment i bet no.

To me that was the worst feeling in the world. Worse than having a patient die on you because YOU caused your patient to get hurt, it was your fault.

Anyone would feel just awful.

Sasha, come close a couple of times but not actually dropped one, last one another emt was beside me putting some gear on board and I managed to hold on til they swung round and helped. My point is this seems rather negligent to not report it. CYA, report it, if the proverbial hits the fan then at least you can say yep, I done wrong.

Sasha

Forum Chief
And risk losing your job? I dont know what the economic climate is over in the uk but over here that would be devastating

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
And risk losing your job? I dont know what the economic climate is over in the uk but over here that would be devastating

I realize that my first reaction might be to flee and hide and never tell anyone, but yeah, you have to tell someone. I'd rather risk losing my job than risk going to prison, I think.

(Then again, if the economy is really that bad, prison is shelter+3 square meals a day....)

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Wow what kind of dirt bag EMS poser doesn't report something like this as soon as it happens? Hopefully what ever license they carry is stripped A.S.A.P.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Wether or not they felt bad the bottom line is that this patient DIED because of what happened... I understand what you're saying Sasha but if I you dropped a patient you should report it...

Sasha

Forum Chief
Wether or not they felt bad the bottom line is that this patient DIED because of what happened... I understand what you're saying Sasha but if I you dropped a patient you should report it...

He would have died either way. He was a cancer patient with a brain bleed. Not lookin good.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
He would have died either way. He was a cancer patient with a brain bleed. Not lookin good.

Correction He was a cancer Patient, the ambulance crew caused the brain bleed.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Correction He was a cancer Patient, the ambulance crew caused the brain bleed.

Exactly what i said. They caused the brain bleed, but how would reporting it have changed the fact his brain was bleeding?

Sasha

Forum Chief
To clarify my point... people state he died because they didnt report it. Thats incorrect, he died because he was dropped. Even if they had reported it he probably would have died regardless.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
if they had reported it there may have been more testing done earlier to find the bleed earlier.

OP
OP
Martyn

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief

I am British but live and work in Florida. From what mumsie informs me it's just as bad over there as over here :wacko:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
A few months ago, I was sitting on the rear bumper of my truck writing a PCR when I saw a BLS ambulance back in, and unload a respiratory patient, and go to triage. About five minutes later, one of the EMTs came back outside, and took a board and straps out of his truck, and walked right back into the ED.
Turns out, they dropped their patient while lowering the stretcher at triage, and a doctor wanted them to board.

Coincidentally, that same EMT came back outside with the board and used straps about ten minutes later and put them right back in the truck.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
To clarify my point... people state he died because they didnt report it. Thats incorrect, he died because he was dropped. Even if they had reported it he probably would have died regardless.

I know you tend toward the shock value, but I can't quite wrap my head around your defense of these people who made a mistake and didn't own up to it. I have dropped someone, just once, but it was ugly.

Newbies reading this: SELF- REPORT YOUR ERRORS!!!! Save me the hassle of being associated with cowards who don't own up to their mistakes.