Lovely Weather

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Hello all! So because we're in a lovely Winter Storm/Blizzard, I was thinking how awesome it will be to work in this next year (unless we get another beautiful blizzard during clinicals.) I was wondering if you guys had any interesting stories about working in less than ideal weather situations. :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ugh last winter was the worst.

None of the side streets were plowed. So we had to park on main roads and walk into neighborhoods. Sometimes 0.5-.75miles.

The ambulance got stuck so many times. We carried extra backboards and put them under the tires of the truck to use as ramps to get us out.

One call was for a women in labor. We were stuck in her driveway. I was inside tending to her and my partner outside getting the truck unstuck. Some random guy in a pick up came up behind the truck and offered to push us out. He said he was laying low from the cops and started laughing hysterically. We got the patient into the truck and he started ramming the back of the ambulance and wouldn't stop. He did get us out though.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah it's difficult working in my 72 degree sunny weather right now.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Oh shut up, Chewy. ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Summers out here are always fun. ~120 degree temps with wind up to 70mph on a daily basis. You will sweat walking 10 feet.

the worst weather I ever worked in was during hurricane sandy on the east coast. Driving by semi trucks who got flipped over by the wind was a different experience.