Looking for work (EMT-Basic in California)

teamfugitive

Forum Ride Along
I am looking for work i was just re-certified after 15 years. I have 10 years experience on an ALS ambulance.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What ambulance companies have you applied for?

shademt

Forum Probie
They have and it helps a lot of us looking for work. I believe they're planning on expanding to include ALS as well.

shademt

Forum Probie
Premier (Brea) is a pretty straightforward company. They run IFT BLS and CCT in LA/OC and ALS in OC. Management is straightforward and approachable, staff is cool, steady call volume

Premier (Brea) is a pretty straightforward company. They run IFT BLS and CCT in LA/OC and ALS in OC. Management is straightforward and approachable, staff is cool, steady call volume

thank you so much, do you know if they have any 24 hr shifts? or does it not work like that with ift?

shademt

Forum Probie
I believe some companys do but Premier mainly does 10-hour with a few 8, 11, and 12-hour shifts. Call-wise, you ll be doing the standard dialysis and doctor appointments with ER and discharges thrown in there. Good for gaining knowledge in the medical aspect of EMS though

shademt

Forum Probie
No problem, I work for Premier. I don't much about Liberty, I think they may do ALS as well. If you re interviewing soon, best advice is to ask them whatever questions you may have, get a feel for the company, and choose whichever one is best or convenient for you.

No problem, I work for Premier. I don't much about Liberty, I think they may do ALS as well. If you re interviewing soon, best advice is to ask them whatever questions you may have, get a feel for the company, and choose whichever one is best or convenient for you.
'oh wow how do you like premier? can I ask what the pay is for emt? and wht to expect for the interview tomorrow? thanks again for all your help!

shademt

Forum Probie
Its straightforward, good company. Its a growing company that is expanding steadily, good for a first EMT job because they re by the book and focus is always on the patient.

Pay is 10-11 and raises based off of hours accrured. As for the interview, probably standard EMT interview with an exam similar to national and them asking you scenario/personal questions to get to know you, nothing to stress about.

Rescue One Ambulance

Forum Probie
If you're looking for work and need the experience maybe you should take a look at our company... same as Premier, straightforward, not trying to get into the drama that's going on out there and we just got our Los Angeles County License....