Looking for EMTs to hire in oil field industry. Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Curious what is CV Collecting?

A CV is "curriculum vitae", in academic and medical circles the term is used in place of a resume. A page or two describing your education, experience and qualifications.

In many cases, agencies that are recruiting will cast a net to solicit CVs from interested parties. Thus "CV collecting".

Last edited by a moderator:

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
You literally highlighted the answer to your own question.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
No, I'm pretty sure he asked what "CV collecting" was.

When he asked, he highlighted his own answer...just wanted to point that out...

Clever edit DE... I still know what you originally wrote though! :)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
My guess is he did not know what cv was. I did not either till just now and that was my problem.

Skip Goulet

Forum Ride Along
CFal, Thanks for your time and effort on this. I do appreciate it.

So, with what you said above, it looks like an EMT that is licensed in California or Texas or wherever, can easily get their ND license just by registering with ND? If that's that case, it would be a much easier venture for us.

Again, thanks for the info.

Here's one suggestion: Check and see if ND has reciprocity with Texas, or any other state from which you might hire EMTs. If such reciprocity exists, they can work in ND with their current certification, until, or if, they gain ND certification. If they are going to be short-time employees, then their current cert. if reciprocity exists is fine. Another suggestion: although it would cost you more salary wise, consider hiring paramedics, if you're anticipating use of the drugs you mention. As was noted above, a medical director can authorize use by EMTs, but if you think you're getting into a situation that might require more incidences that would need advanced care, you'd be better off with paramedics. EMTs would be fine for the "lighter duty" work.

Razmig

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone.

We are a Texas company that provides services to the Oil and Gas Industry. We are striking up a deal with a large customer that is going to ask us to place EMTs on location. I wanted to get some input from you guys that will certainly help me.

Here are some specifics of the job:

Full Time Employee (8 needed to start)
2 Weeks On/2 Weeks Off rotation (or maybe 3/3)
Transportation Cost to/from location: paid by individual
Housing: Provided (Bunk with concurrent EMT partner)
Activity: Low. Only needed in emergency situations and any basic first aid help

With the above stated. What would it take to get reliable and experienced EMT on board? $300/day $400/day

Can an EMT stock and administer the following? Albuterol, Epi Pens, Oral Glucose

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate any feedback.
You still looking for EMTs? If so message me.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
You still looking for EMTs? If so message me.
This thread is almost two years old and the person who posted it hasn't been here in almost two years. I don't think you are going to get a answer through this thread for the job if it's still there.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, a two year old post and oil prices plummeting to their lowest levels in over a decade? Not the time to try to get into this field buddy.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
LOL... FFS

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I love it! :)

You would be surprised at some of the emails I get from 5 year old job postings I have made...

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
$2.23 here for Premium....must be a CA thing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

rodieict

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone.

We are a Texas company that provides services to the Oil and Gas Industry. We are striking up a deal with a large customer that is going to ask us to place EMTs on location. I wanted to get some input from you guys that will certainly help me.

Here are some specifics of the job:

Full Time Employee (8 needed to start)
2 Weeks On/2 Weeks Off rotation (or maybe 3/3)
Transportation Cost to/from location: paid by individual
Housing: Provided (Bunk with concurrent EMT partner)
Activity: Low. Only needed in emergency situations and any basic first aid help

With the above stated. What would it take to get reliable and experienced EMT on board? $300/day $400/day

Can an EMT stock and administer the following? Albuterol, Epi Pens, Oral Glucose

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate any feedback.
Hey there! I would love to come down there and work for you as an EMT, I will soon get my AEMT as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.