Looking for a job in MASS(medic)

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
So I now hold my Medic Cert in MA. I have a interview with Patriot monday before I fly back to FL. Does anyone know of any other Companys/citys that are hireing Medics? I`m looking to get into a company that does 911 but if I have to do IFT for awhile to get expirence and they pay decent I wouldnt mind.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Nearly every private company is looking for medics in some way or another. They might not be actively hiring now, but they will soon. It's common to hire in groups, so if a company just hired they might not be for a month or two, but they will again.

OP
OP
L

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
thanks, Problem is i`m not even sure where to begin to look. I dont know the area very well

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Depends in if you are more of a transfer type of person or 911...and where you will be relocating too. Privates are a dime a dozen in Mass, and they all want paramedics. Some pay more than others, and some treat their medics better than others. What area are you looking at moving to in the Commonwealth?

beantown native

Forum Crew Member
firenews.org Its an alphabetical listing of towns/ services. Action ambulance, alert ambulance, armstrong ambulance, AMR....
Berkshire ambulance, Brewster amb.
Cataldo, County...... list goes on. Alot have 911...everyone has a link too on the website above. Worcester is pretty central, and with the Pike right there, its an hour or so to Boston, and the same to Springfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
In the Worcester area there is Vital and Medstar for privates that you might be able to do to 911 at. Vital does back up for WEMS ( Worcester EMS). Medstar does the 911 in I think Leominster. If you don't mind heading towards Western MA, AMR does 911 in Springfield. If you want to work in the Metro Boston area, both Fallon and Cataldo do a lot of 911 in the area. If you want any more information on these companies just PM me and I'll give you some more info.