Looking at getting a new Mid-Fidelity Manikin, any suggestions?

WyMedic

Forum Crew Member
My department is looking at getting a new mid-fidelity simulation manikin, Naturally, it needs to be capable of all the ALS stuff, but a big concern is durability. Is there anything that anyone is familiar with that they have used and liked?

Thanks!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I use the simulaids ALS stat manikin. He‘s durable and can do all the basic ALS stuff. About 6k.

ive done a lot to customize him, with some Bluetooth speakers, lots of props and wounds.

OP
OP
W

WyMedic

Forum Crew Member
I use the simulaids ALS stat manikin. He‘s durable and can do all the basic ALS stuff. About 6k.

ive done a lot to customize him, with some Bluetooth speakers, lots of props and wounds.

I have looked at some of those, and they definitely do a lot, but I really worry about durability. I think that they have a decent amount of money in the budget for it as they are currently looking at this one

It's about 20k I think, I just wonder if there is something else that would be better and more durable for the same amount of money

FiremanMike

Just a dude
If your budget can swing it, SimMan ALS is good, as is the CAE Ares mannequin.. The CAE is cheaper and has a few more features. We were going to buy one but the grant we were awarded was literally 10% of what we were expecting..

A stepdown from SimMan ALS is the megacode kelly.. We do beat the crap out of her and she does her job. My biggest complaint with her is that there's no CPR or ventilation measuring, which is very annoying..

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
$20k fully equipped?
It really depends on the model. My college program has a wide range of the Gaumard manikins. Our cheapest is I think $10,000 and the most expensive was around $75,000.

OP
OP
W

WyMedic

Forum Crew Member
I finally was able to find some prices for the gaumard ones. Looks like the s3000 starts at 25k and goes up from there. I think thats the one that we will go with, assuming we get the grant money we are shooting for

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You can negotiate with the manikin vendors. They are always willing to move on the price. It’s like buying a car. Only a chump pays the sticker price.