Looking at buying a pair of safety glasses

Rick Tresnak

Forum Crew Member
I have not worn safety glasses on the job before (yeah like since 1987) Ok so I am reading some of the threads here and I see that it is one of the must haves in the field. I am looking at the ICE Naro Eyeshields. Has anyone tried them and if so are they worth the money?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
They're safety glasses. A disposable item. Once they become broken, scratched or covered with gunge, toss them.

In other words, don't spend any money on them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Go buy them at home depot and find some that look unique. No one has taken mine yet. But still, they weren't much money so if someone does then oh well. I've heard that cat crap (an actual product) works well to deal with fogging issues.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have not worn safety glasses on the job before (yeah like since 1987) Ok so I am reading some of the threads here and I see that it is one of the must haves in the field. I am looking at the ICE Naro Eyeshields. Has anyone tried them and if so are they worth the money?
Every place I have ever worked has supplied them. I I through 12-15 pairs a year. There is no way I would spend much if anything on them.

MrJones

Iconoclast
Probably the biggest pain in the butt about wearing glasses - the dorky safety glasses you have to wear over them. But I'm too cheap to buy prescription safety glasses (largely for the reasons listed by others above), so there's that.