Long Time, but I have a question! Women & Partners wives + community

hottrotter18

Forum Probie
While you are on Paramedic Ride alongs, you are the snot nosed rookie. No dime of opinion in you. You are there to do your clinicals, learn, and leave
The medics were giving poor Pt care? okay fine report that..

But when you go to the extremes of texting( or whatever) your friends what the big mean medics said about your ambulance company or friends while you are their burden for the day, then that is just too far... are you in high school again?
come on....
You HAVE to learn to not take things personal in this job!
if you continue to, you wont make it.

that, in my opinion went further then it needed to, but i guess a lesson was learned.

I believe Jeff summed it up well

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
I dont believe it was to far on my call!

In this business maybe! But as a friend, no!

Did he take it to far, I believe so. My intentions where to tell my friend who he could trust (as we have had conversations on this subject about him learning who he could trust at this district) and just let that be of his knowledge! BUT, thats not what happened.

Its a horrible deal, and yes things were taken to far.

And I dont TEXT...lol thank you! I called him personally after my call (the old fashioned way).

And yes, lesson learned for me!

And by the way, I do have an opinion; I'm a women!

And if you didnt read, I said I didnt care what the medic's said about my district; everyone has there own opinions, I get that!

And by the way, I did more then they did that day. So burden, absolutely NOT!

Where you bullied as a child?? Just a thought!

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Seems like there are new challenges every week in EMS. Or at least for me, since I am still getting the feel for how this business runs!

THIS IS HORRIBLE FOR ME TO SAY but,

I am learning my new phrase in life.... "I didnt see nothing, I didnt hear nothing, I dont know nothing"

I have seen a lot of things go on that I didnt think was right,
So i opened my mouth about it, and now I am in the middle of a mess that I cant find my way out!!!

There are 3 ways to spread gossip in my city:
1. telephone
2. tell a friend
3. tell a firefighter (or a paramedic, EMT etc.)

Be careful what you say because it will spread like wildfire in this field.

As a clich'e we are close knit bunch, and if a firefighter on the other side of the county does something incredibly stupid, the entire county will know about it by morning.

Unfortunate, yes, but that is just the way it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

thatJeffguy

Forum Lieutenant
thatJeffguy

Thank you very much. I think that was the best advice I could have heard.

Well, I am pretty awesome ;-)

Me and my "Medic Friend" were friends before he was a Instructor; we have been friends for a while.
IMO, even more reason to not have done this. I'm not gonna play by play it, I think you've learned your "lesson" here. Sometimes, even though you didnt' do anything unethical or "wrong", the fan manages to splatter some you-know-what on you.

And one of the medic's did do something very unproffessional to a pt. husband on a call. Which I also reported.
Unprofessional or a violation of SOP/Protocols?

Is that the person I want to be, no! I want to be a good friend and stand up for what I think is right! But again, whats that going to solve? Now if it is something like you said; as of dealing with a pt. and scope of practice, etc.... Yes I will say something. But then again, do I? Hmmm.....
I'd only say something if it were a scope of practise or protocol violation. Then again, I'm not even an EMT-b, so my opinion is worth exactly what you've paid for it.

Fly low, way low, way under the radar. Talk to the medics that are involved, tell them you didn't mean for it to go that far, that you weren't tattling on them you were just merely making conversation, and that you're sorry that it was blown out of proportion. I'd also thank them for helping you and demonstrate that you're anxious to learn more from them. Even if that means sitting there and biting your tongue and learning how to not deal with patients or their families.