Littmann Cardio III Question

samiam

Amazing Member
So I have been using a Littmann Cardio Three as my main scope for a while now and I noticed a weird issue. When I am wearing it correctly and I let the tubing and bell hang down freely, the "active" side of the scope is facing AWAY from my body. This causes me to have to twist the tubing when I go to place it on the patients skin. Does anyone else have their scope like this?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't think you need to twist the tubing. You can either adjust the ear pieces or pop off the diaphragm/bell and put it back on the way you want it facing.

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
I don't think you need to twist the tubing. You can either adjust the ear pieces or pop off the diaphragm/bell and put it back on the way you want it facing.

Well on the Cardio III the earpieces are fixed so that wont work, and I have never taken the bell off. Has anyone removed the tubing completely and got it back on with things working?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well on the Cardio III the earpieces are fixed so that wont work, and I have never taken the bell off. Has anyone removed the tubing completely and got it back on with things working?
Normally the head of the stethoscope will allow you to just twist it around in the tubing to get it to face how you want. Place the tube in one hand and the head in the other and gently twist

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
Normally the head of the stethoscope will allow you to just twist it around in the tubing to get it to face how you want. Place the tube in one hand and the head in the other and gently twist
After a decent amount of time and force, I was able to get it flipped, Not the easiest thing to do. Thanks for the help.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's not a real high tech item. The bell comes off, as does the earpiece bow. You've got to work pretty hard to break one to an unfixable state.