Littman is offering a free Electronic Stethoscope for 14 days

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Rob, can you send me the review that you sent them via PM or email? I have an idea.

Are you talking about the survey questions they included in the trial package that you are supposed to fill out and send back in with the steth?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Are you talking about the survey questions they included in the trial package that you are supposed to fill out and send back in with the steth?

I'll send you a PM.

medic550

Forum Crew Member
Well i sent away for one. Been an emt for 15 years and going to medic class. I am also hearing impaired in both ears so i'm going to give this a real world test.

Frank

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Well i sent away for one. Been an emt for 15 years and going to medic class. I am also hearing impaired in both ears so i'm going to give this a real world test.

Frank

I love the 3200, it is one of the smartest purchasing decisions I have made in a while.

medic550

Forum Crew Member
Im going to try the 3100. As i have no real reason nor the extra cash for the recording one.

Frank

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Just sent back a 3200 after a 14 day trial. Not bad, the recording and sending to your pc via bluetooth is quite good. The software was easy to install and use, you get a sort of 'auscultation for dummies' in with it. Both my wife and I agreed that the sound was a little too basey, more of a treble sound would have worked. Overall though I give it a thumbs up, but for the price

dcemt

Forum Probie
just arrived

mine just showed up also
I am hoping it will help me to hear BP, breath sounds, etc while in the back of the ambulance ...the engine and road noise plus my inexperience and my ears are not what they use to be ......
I am really hopping that the 3100 will help with these problems
let ya'll know in about 14 more days

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
mine just showed up also
I am hoping it will help me to hear BP, breath sounds, etc while in the back of the ambulance ...the engine and road noise plus my inexperience and my ears are not what they use to be ......
I am really hopping that the 3100 will help with these problems
let ya'll know in about 14 more days

IMHO. Become proficient with a regular scope. I would use the cheap ones on the truck for a while then used mine.

Don't rely on something electronic that may not work one day and you won't be able to use it as a crutch

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
If any of you ever get the awesome privelege at a conference to take Bob Page's class on stethoscopy, do so. He takes your stethoscope away, you go through his excellent class, then he awards you your stethoscope for finishing it.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
IMHO. Become proficient with a regular scope. I would use the cheap ones on the truck for a while then used mine.

Don't rely on something electronic that may not work one day and you won't be able to use it as a crutch

True, and good point, but for some of us, our hearing has diminished over time and this device is not only a tool but an aid to those with a hearing impairment. We are not all in our twenties anymore. Perhaps some day you will understand what I mean. :)

dcemt

Forum Probie
what

I was hoping to use this to understand what to listen for
I understand using the basic scope I have a littman classic that is my regular scope
but a lot of the emt's in the department hardly use manual BP, they use the 12 lead machine as a normal BP so even doing it that way could be considered a "crunch"....
I am a little hard of hearing and was hoping this would help but really i was using it to listen for the sounds to realize what it is I am to listen for
if you have heard the sound before then it is easier to recognize it with another piece of equipment later ......

thanks for all the help and advice
I feel that anybody that has more experience than me is most likely a person i can learn from ....

thanks again

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I was hoping to use this to understand what to listen for
I understand using the basic scope I have a littman classic that is my regular scope
but a lot of the emt's in the department hardly use manual BP, they use the 12 lead machine as a normal BP so even doing it that way could be considered a "crunch"....
I am a little hard of hearing and was hoping this would help but really i was using it to listen for the sounds to realize what it is I am to listen for
if you have heard the sound before then it is easier to recognize it with another piece of equipment later ......

thanks for all the help and advice
I feel that anybody that has more experience than me is most likely a person i can learn from ....

thanks again

Would you like me to upload some sounds for you? If so, what sounds? Kortokoff?

dcemt

Forum Probie
yes

heck ya
and of the not normal breath sounds ....crackle strider etc.
i can hear normal sounds (mine,wifes) and i could tell you that the sounds is "not" normal but have not had a chance to hear any of the "other" sounds

thanks