Littman is offering a free Electronic Stethoscope for 14 days

Hockey

Quackers
Just wanted to pass this on. It is legit. I am waiting to get mine in the mail right now. Talked to the lady and she said basically they are used but completely refurbished to brand new condition.

I've wanted to try an electronic one out for a while just to see what its like so I figure hey its free why not.

Only difference between 3100 and 3200 is the 3200 will record and playback on your computer (but you have to have the software I believe and you have to buy that). I went with 3100 because I figure less parts to break etc.

Sounds like they are doing it as an "on your honor" system on getting em back since no credit card etc

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ltation/model-3000-series/try-before-you-buy/

Anyone else do this program? Just wanted to pass this on to everyone as well

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Just wanted to pass this on. It is legit. I am waiting to get mine in the mail right now. Talked to the lady and she said basically they are used but completely refurbished to brand new condition.

I've wanted to try an electronic one out for a while just to see what its like so I figure hey its free why not.

Only difference between 3100 and 3200 is the 3200 will record and playback on your computer (but you have to have the software I believe and you have to buy that). I went with 3100 because I figure less parts to break etc.

Sounds like they are doing it as an "on your honor" system on getting em back since no credit card etc

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ltation/model-3000-series/try-before-you-buy/

Anyone else do this program? Just wanted to pass this on to everyone as well

Just filled out the form for the 3200. I will use the 14 days to listen to various heart tones and lung sounds in the ICU as well as fremitus and patellar percussion of an intact bone and a fractured one, and upload them to my computer for teaching purposes. :)

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
Just filled out the form for the 3200. I will use the 14 days to listen to various heart tones and lung sounds in the ICU as well as fremitus and patellar percussion of an intact bone and a fractured one, and upload them to my computer for teaching purposes. :)

You ever use one before? Its going to be interesting for sure

Combat_Medic

Forum Crew Member
I like to play with it for a bit. Not that I really need one. To bad you got to be in the United States. Guess they don't want to send one all the way to South Korea :sad:.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
You ever use one before? Its going to be interesting for sure

One of the ICU docs had one (cant remember the brand but it wasnt littman) and let me borrow it once or twice to listen to a patient. That's about it.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd be too scared someone would swipe it and I'd be left with the bill.

That's a very valid point and one of the reasons why I NEVER leave my stethoscope on the rig. I always put it in the big pocket of my EMT pants and let the ear pieces hang out of the pocket.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
This does seem pretty nice

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a_-d7SI5fs[/YOUTUBE]

So, have they contacted you already?

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
This does seem pretty nice

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a_-d7SI5fs[/YOUTUBE]

So, have they contacted you already?

Yeah, give it like 24 hours

A Susan Richards sent me an email back

Thank you for your interest in trialing the 3M™ Littmann® Electronic Stethoscope Model 3100.

The Littmann electronic stethoscope model 3100 combines world-class sound quality with an exceptionally easy-to-use interface. And clinical evidence shows it’s easier to detect difficult-to-hear heart sounds like S3 gallops and aortic regurgitation murmurs, as well as abnormal lung sounds.

When users of our 3M™ Littmann® Electronic Stethoscope Model 3000 were asked to evaluate the new Littmann electronic stethoscope model 3100:

 97% indicated is intuitive to use
 100% indicated feels durable and is well made
 87% indicated is a significant improvement compared to the 3M™ Littmann® Electronic Stethoscope Model 3000

We’re confident you’ll have the same experience, so, we’re offering a 14-day “test drive” of our new Littmann electronic stethoscope model 3100 absolutely free. No strings attached. At the end of 14 days, simply return the stethoscope to us. We will pay for all postage costs.

To qualify for this offer, simply complete the information below, sign and fax to (920) 993-4977.

Once we receive the signed trial request, we will ship the stethoscope to you. No strings attached. At the end of the 14-day trial, use the pre-paid postage label for returning the loaner stethoscope. If you are interested in purchasing, simply log onto www.littmann.com/wheretobuy.

Thank you again for your interest in our latest innovative technology. Hear it. With confidence.

Sincerely,

Susan Richards
3M Littmann Representative
Phone: (800) 413-1795 x 3001
Fax: (920) 993-4977

Please Complete and Fax to your 3M Littmann Representative at (920) 993-4977

Print Name: ___________________________________
Facility Name: _________________________________
Medical Specialty: ______________________________
Educational Degree: _____________________________
Shipping Address: ______________________________ Address Type (please circle): Home Work Other
City, State, Zip: _________________________________
Telephone #: ___________________________________
Fax #: ________________________________________
Distributor preference if known:____________________
Model of stethoscope currently used:¬¬¬_________________ Length of time using current stethoscope:____________
Reason for trialing 3M™ Littmann® Electronic Stethoscope Model 3100: ________________________________________________________________
Age (please circle): Under 30 31 - 50 51 and over
□ I do not wish to receive related product information from 3M
□ I understand the above information will only be used to provide information about 3M products and in accordance with 3M’s Privacy Policy (available at www.3m.com/privacy). In addition 3M may use the above information for the purpose of conducting customer satisfaction surveys and notification of new product announcements, including notifications of changes, upgrades, etc. to the 3M™ Littmann® Electronic Stethoscope Model 3100.

I, XXXX agree to trial the 3M™ Littmann® Electronic Stethoscope Model 3100 for 14 days after which I will assist the 3M Littmann Representative in coordinating the return of the stethoscopes through UPS.

Signature: ____________________________________________

Date: _____________________

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
I have the Littman 3100 and used the 14-day free trial when I got it. It is a legitimate offer and they will treat you right.

I use the 3100 everyday I am on the truck and it is a very nice piece of equipment. I need it for my congenital hearing loss. Is it for everybody? Not really. If you have normal hearing, it may be over the top for you, but for hearing loss it is a great tool.

The 3100 is the amplified scope that is the predecessor of the 3200.

Last edited by a moderator:

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
So how much are they to just buy one outright? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
Okay, okay...I deserved that!

I was talking about on their website, if you lose it or someone steals it, what is the COMPANY charging? I'm just curious.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
The 3100 was $309 with shipping.
The 3200 is around $500 I beleive. I would have to look it up again though.

If I remember right, Littman refers you to their dealers to actually buy them. They have a list of dealers that they recommend.

Simusid

Forum Captain
I signed up for the demo. I wonder if I can wait patiently enough or will I cave and just buy one sight unseen!

I have tinnitus in one ear and I was hoping for something like this to see what I'm really missing.

LuvGlock

Forum Crew Member
What the heck, I'll try it.

I'd like to know what lungs sound like. :D