Little help (mostly just support needed)

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Hello all,

First post here. After some digging however I can see that this site may have people that have answers.

I am a paramedic here in Wyoming who just had to take (for the first time) the recert test ONLINE at the computer testing site place thing.

I am an absolute mad wreck waiting for the results (which I assume won't be viewable until Monday). My concern is that if I fail the one time only computer test, I have to turn in what I have on the recert paperwork. I have the hours BUT there are no refresher courses available in Wyoming.

So to help me out and keep me sane, maybe I can get some answers.

I just took the recert. It kicked me out at 105ish questions. Is that normal on the medic recert? How many question could it have been max?

I felt moderately good about some of the test but right off the bat they nailed me with 10 that I had no idea about (afters several years on the streets the mind forgets some of the subtle details from class). Then I can MAX think of perhaps 10 more that were mind twisters. So that meant that had I gotten all of those wrong I would still be near an 80% correct? For that matter what is the required grade to pass the recert?

Maybe I am just wrong in that assumption. Whatever the case may be I want to go back to the paper tests. The good old PASS/FAIL after 3 weeks of waiting.

Thanks,

Wyoming Medic

medic417

The Truth Provider
You passed or it would have kept going. I think it is 150 possible questions. Check again this evening as they may post before leaving the office.

OP
OP
Wyoming Medic

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Thanks, Makes me feel a little better.

But here goes my mind, AHHHH,

Now my mind is saying that I did so badly that it actually means I failed.

I cant win for losing with my brain sometimes. But thanks for the reply.

Wyo medic

OP
OP
Wyoming Medic

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Well, I got up early this AM to check my recert test. GROAN!!!! I figured that I would get the results this AM due to me taking the test on Friday. So here I haul my butt out of bed EARLY on my day off (figuring that NR is an east coast time so I should get my results at 6am our time) and NO RESULTS.

It was so much easier when you did not get your hopes up for 3-6 weeks. This immediate gratification era that we are lving in now is NUTS. Way worse IMO.

Wyo

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm sure you did fine. Relax, take a deep breathe, it's only a test.

medic417

The Truth Provider
You passed trust me.

OP
OP
Wyoming Medic

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Well,

I am confused. How do I check my results online? Last recert I just called the NREMT office and they told me.

Apparently they frown up on that now.:unsure:

Mental note: do NOT call NREMT unless it has been 2 weeks since the recert.

I hate "progress" :sad:

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
Wyoming Medic

Wyoming Medic

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for all of the support. I just receive word that I did pass the CBT recert for my medic.

There are so many people I would like to thank,
My dog fluffy,
my cat spike,
my wife Jen,
My inane sense of being able to study EXACTLY what will not show up on any test I take,
My chronic halitosis,
My tattoo artist,
Steve Berry,
and so many people that suffered through me learning my IV skills so many years ago.

Thanks you all :p

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
bwahahahahaha about the studying exactly what won't be on the test! I have the same problem.

CONGRATULATIONS on passing!