Linked In and other networking sites

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Just out of curiosity, but how many people on here are registered in linked in, or another non-social networking site (no, that means Facebook doesn't count)?

I ask because I signed up for it less than a month ago (because I was sick of getting invites from a coworker), and was contacted by an HR person a few days ago, and today scheduled my first interview for a position that (I hope based on what she told me!!) will get me a part time job making about $24 an hour.

It might take a little bit of your time, but there are hiring managers and job postings online, and sometimes they will blast email everyone to see if anyone is interested.

everyone wants a good job, but how many are using all their tools available to get the job they want?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm on LinkedIn but haven't used it to its potential I guess.

Commonsavage

Forum Crew Member
Just out of curiosity, but how many people on here are registered in linked in, or another non-social networking site (no, that means Facebook doesn't count)?

I ask because I signed up for it less than a month ago (because I was sick of getting invites from a coworker), and was contacted by an HR person a few days ago, and today scheduled my first interview for a position that (I hope based on what she told me!!) will get me a part time job making about $24 an hour.

It might take a little bit of your time, but there are hiring managers and job postings online, and sometimes they will blast email everyone to see if anyone is interested.

everyone wants a good job, but how many are using all their tools available to get the job they want?
Was this person recruiting for an insurance company? When I first got on LinkedIn, that's who contacted me. I actually did that gig a few years ago. Total pain in the a**!

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
nope, hospital based recruiter looking to add part time staff. i think her only requirement was experienced personnel.

just like a job hunt, you got to be selective on why you respond to.