Just signed for emt-b, head start plz

Fys12345

Forum Ride Along
I start school on june 22 in las vegas. I am very excited, and would love to get ahead in the class, the internet offers a bunch of different outlets to do so, is there any specific youtube videos etc. that I can look at before school starts in order to introduce to some of the criteria? Thank you in advance!

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Do: Take a university level general chemistry, biology, and A&P course.
If you can't or already have, start reading your textbook. Relax, the class isn't that difficult.

Don:t: go out and buy a $300 stethoscope, EMS/Fire related t-shirt, lightbar for your car, 5 sets of surgical forcepts, or any other medical "tool" that you "might need."

OP
OP
F

Fys12345

Forum Ride Along
Thank you, im waiting on the textbook and will review it before class, I have not taken an anatomy class in a while so that might be the biggest challenge

OP
OP
F

Fys12345

Forum Ride Along
I just got my text book in the mail, "brady emergency care" 12th edition, any opinions on that book?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I just got my text book in the mail, "brady emergency care" 12th edition, any opinions on that book?

All my classes have used the Brady books. Written at a high school level so an easy read, kinda painful sometimes though if you read at an advanced level.

OP
OP
F

Fys12345

Forum Ride Along
Ha, an easy read is ok with me at this point, a person tried to pm me but I can't reply cause I don't have 5 posts yet, but to answer your question I am going to the ems training center of southern nevada

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
My advice: Make flashcards, either online at quizlet or the old fasion 3x5 way; do not wait to make them till the end of the semester, make them as you go through each chapter. Its a great way to review in a quick and easy way. And do not limit those cards to vocab only, include s/s of different stuff, like Angina and MIs. Also, get a study group!

OP
OP
F

Fys12345

Forum Ride Along
Thank you for the advice, I just got my book so I've been reading it in order to get a head start before class starts, it doesn't seem too hard.. yet!

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
Stay ahead on your reading, take good notes. Make thorough Exam reviews, and practice, practice, practice your skills. You get out of it what you put into it.

Good luck, and have fun.

gw812

Forum Crew Member
A&P, A&P, A&P. Study it hard. Flash cards and study groups.
If you wanna treat yourself for doing good or starting your class get on eBay and get a Littman steth. Don't spend more than $50.00.