Just putting this out there...

piranah

Forum Captain
I will just say this..I am not in a degree program. My state does not offer any 2/4 yr degree for paramedicine....I looked... If I were, I would have to travel over 2 hrs for classes...I have finished my didactic portion of my education and although I believe I should know more.. I liked it..I now take it upon myself to fill in the gaps that are left open, by reading and talking and writing(even on this forum)...I believe I am in a profession, and I do because i treat it that way...It will never become this until the people that create this "job" start believing it is, what it is....A Proffession.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
I am thinking EMS is a profession, think about what profession means, straight from the ditionary

"the body of persons engaged in an occupation or calling"

I would definatly call EMS a calling for many and it definatly is an occupation

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, in that case the homeless who go around washing car windows at intersections are professional car cleaners since they are engaged in the occupation of cleaning car windows.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
exactly, professional is the wrong word to use, to vague. Competent Professional or Educated Professional. all being a professional means is your getting paid to do a job, it can be applied to any job out there, how people find it have some meaning that being a professional means your are skilled and competent. Only a competent professional fulfills those qualities