Just my luck....SMH...

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Supposed to have an interview later this morning w/a hospital EMS & caught a case of pink eye. Just my FN luck!!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Hoping they will reschedule for next week when I'm presentable....

I really have the luck, smh.....

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Just show up dude. It will show that you really want the job.

OP
OP
G

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
100% definitely agree but that's pretty nasty, lol. For me, 1st impressions mean a lot. Not everything but they do mean something.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm not sure I see the wisdom in showing up to an interview at a healthcare facility with a communicable disease...

I know it's a tough job market, but if I was the interviewer I think my eyebrows would be raised. Doesn't really show great judgement.

Now if you're not contagious any more that could possibly be a different story.

OP
OP
G

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Made the decision not to go in today. Called the woman twice early this morning, giving her plenty of notice time. Don't know what her schedule is so not sure if or when she will be calling back. Will be calling her again in a little while. But yea, I def agree on both parts but definitely more about it being something contagious. And yeaaaaa, it's still nasty! LOL

Veneficus

Forum Chief
OP
OP
G

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Thanks again all!

Yup. Did. Twice! The 1st was the notification of what happened & the 2nd was to follow up. Not gonna call 3 times. I left my cell # so they have both my cell & house. They don't call, they don't call. Not gonna lose sleep.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
I think any company would have far more respect for someone who makes the decision to reschedule an interview for something like pinkeye than someone who'd show up with it!

It's a VERY valid reason to reschedule. It's not like you just didn't feel like showing up today.

OP
OP
G

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Yea I definitely would love the position to work within a hospital based EMS.

I feel I did the right choice. Right off the back, I'm "infected" & just the "hello hand shake" would rattle me a little bit if I was the interviewer. Thanks so much all!

Last question.

Like I said earlier, I called once & left a voicemail to inform of the condition & the 2nd time I called which was about an hour later, it was to confirm that she received & again, left a voicemail.

Should I pursue a 3rd call or wait to hear back from her?

I think a candidate calling twice for a position should appear that they want the position. Just don't want to seem like a pain in the arsh! LOL

OP
OP
G

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
Just an update:

My luck, the lady never returned any of my 2 calls. Should I give her a call again tomm or just give up & accept that the moment has passed???