Just Got hired.

woodchuck

Forum Ride Along
Just got a call form Medicwest in las vegas, they are apart of AMR here in the valley.
I passed everything up front and start this coming monday.
So excited, I give thanks to this forum for the handy search feature and all the great posters and vets in these forums.

beyond excited to start.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Mazel-Tov.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Congrats. I'm hoping to get out there in the next few months here. How was the hiring process?

OP
OP
woodchuck

woodchuck

Forum Ride Along
Congrats. I'm hoping to get out there in the next few months here. How was the hiring process?

It was nice, not to hard if you know your stuff.
there was a writtem, physical agility test, mega code, med and trauma scenario and an interview.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Nice!

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats....I'm curious will you be working in AMR ambulances since they are apart of AMR.

intelli78

Forum Probie
Well done. Is this your first EMS job? How many other jobs did you apply to, and how long were you looking?

OP
OP
woodchuck

woodchuck

Forum Ride Along
Congrats....I'm curious will you be working in AMR ambulances since they are apart of AMR.

Im will be working out of Medicwest trucks, aswell as at some of the many events here in vegas. basically the vally is split, like northeast medicwest takes care of and i think most of the northwest AMR takes care of. I could be wrong ill know more this monday when we go over operations etc.

OP
OP
woodchuck

woodchuck

Forum Ride Along
Well done. Is this your first EMS job? How many other jobs did you apply to, and how long were you looking?

First ems job, no experience. But i went in motivated, confident and ready to learn.

I applied to just this one right after I finished my EMT-I/85.

Took alltogether 2 months. from app to hire

took bout a month, to get a response and test date. Only took 4 days to get hired lol.

newemttx

Forum Probie
Is this a company that you were hoping to work for? I have been out of school a month and have not applied anywhere. I am holding out for the company I want to go to work for to start hiring.

Congrats on getting the job.

OP
OP
woodchuck

woodchuck

Forum Ride Along
Is this a company that you were hoping to work for? I have been out of school a month and have not applied anywhere. I am holding out for the company I want to go to work for to start hiring.

Congrats on getting the job.

yup it sure is, Im very happy that it worked out and I got hired.

Thanks all haha