Just got a texting ticket (personal vehicle)

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
How will this affect me or not affect my future employment?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
texting forum? Whats that? is that a citation from a police officer? And typically an employer will look for a trend on your driving record to determine if you are hire able. And as always. the more time you have between you and this "forum" the better. Other than that. Contact an attorney if you have any questions on how to remove it or any other legal action that may occur.

OP
OP
D

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
sorry meant to type texting ticket ****

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Texting and driving is as irresponsible as a DUI. Nothing is that important. Pull over if you must text.

Both DUI and text while driving can have same outcome. End result is also same.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Misdemeanors are generally ignored, but that is a moving violation. Ask the proferssionals and your employer.

And stop it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What state are you in?

In California, for example, texting does not carry a point, so it's not considered a moving violation.

mycrofft

mycrofft

It says "on private property"? Hm!:rofl:

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
Turn in your certs now and get ready for a career as a CNA.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
It depends on the company you apply to. I know that there are some companies in my area that do not even run a drivers abstract. Some companies do and want a very clear abstract. Many are based on current points, number of violations/accidents, and severity. Most places will accept a cell phone ticket if that is all that shows, but if your only ticket was a DUI, different story.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Calif DMV Q&A page

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/cellularphonelaws/

ABC News says it is a moving violation:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technol...holds-ticket-for-phone-gps-use-while-driving/

DMV says it isn't a point on the record, it IS reportable. Since it is only in a moving car by the driver, it is pretty likely a moving violation.

I'm willing to bet that most insurance companies (because, let's be honest, insurance is the driving factor) care about points, not specific violations.

mycrofft

Section 23123 of the California Vehicle Code, subsection
(f) This section does not apply to a person while driving a motor vehicle on private property.

Thank you and bull's-eye.

Sort of like you can drive a car without doors and windshield on private property as long as it is registered.

mycrofft

I'm willing to bet that most insurance companies (because, let's be honest, insurance is the driving factor) care about points, not specific violations.

Yeah, as long as it isn't going to smell too badly if something goes to court, they aren't going to kick as long as they keep getting paid.