Jumpsuits

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
With my service we are provided
One jumpsuit
One short sleeve t-shirt
One long sleeve t-shirt
One golf shirt
One royal blue jacket with reflective striping and reflective SOL on front and back

We are responsible for purchasing our own safety toe boots, uniform pants, and uniform shirt (the service does provide the uniform patches).

medicstudent101

Forum Lieutenant
With my service we are provided
One jumpsuit
One short sleeve t-shirt
One long sleeve t-shirt
One golf shirt
One royal blue jacket with reflective striping and reflective SOL on front and back

We are responsible for purchasing our own safety toe boots, uniform pants, and uniform shirt (the service does provide the uniform patches).

Your own uniform pants?
Ouch.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Your own uniform pants?
Ouch.

The boots would be more expensive. The pants aren't that terribly expensive unless you're dumb enough to insist upon ones marketed (and marked up) to gullible EMS providers. I always just wore dark work pants and no one ever said a thing other than the tools on the department who were like "Where do you keep your pocket mask? Where do you keep your gloves? Where do you keep your shears?" (Answers: 1. In the truck. 2. In a box 3. Crammed somewhere you're not going to like if you ask another really stupid question like that)

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I sleep in my standard uniform just fine, sheers, knife, cell, and all on it with no problems. I just leave my side-zip 5-11s by the bed, and i'm bumbling down the hallway (i've walked into the door a few times) within 20 seconds of the alarm.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I sleep in my standard uniform just fine, sheers, knife, cell, and all on it with no problems. I just leave my side-zip 5-11s by the bed, and i'm bumbling down the hallway (i've walked into the door a few times) within 20 seconds of the alarm.
Yeesh! You must not move at all when you sleep. I am a active sleeper, and move stuff in my sleep. I would be afraid of opening my knife and accidently stabbing myself while sleeping. :ph34r:
Speaking from experience.

SFox3325

Forum Probie
When I was a cadet in the Civil Air Patrol, we wore the green USAF Style flightsuit for our O-Flights with the USAF. I never really liked them. I'm very happy that are dept uses duty t-shirts, and the standard public safety botton up shirts for are uniforms. I can see how if you are a POC or and auxiliary it would be a space, and time saver to keep a uniform in your pov. I just keep a pair of my black emt pants, and a duty shirt in a duffle bag. Good luck with your hunting, and be safe. :rolleyes:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This is why I'm glad my old service in TX and the service I currently work for in NM issue shirts that look like button downs but have Zippers on them instead :) I sleep in tshirt and work pants, with shirt hanging on the chair in the bunkroom and boots by my bed with my baseball cap on top of them. I'm out the door and in the truck usually by 1.5 minutes (walk out to the truck can be a little way depending what base I'm in)

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
i know its an old thread, just wanted to add that I just jot my jumpsuit (provided, not bought) and absolutely love it. so comfy. I definitely recommend it to everyone for night calls. and they just look boss.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
i know its an old thread, just wanted to add that I just jot my jumpsuit (provided, not bought) and absolutely love it. so comfy. I definitely recommend it to everyone for night calls. and they just look boss.

They should make them with footsies so you can wear them to bed and not worry about putting them on in the middle of the night :p

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
That would be absolutely disgusting... MRSA in bed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yea....that was definitely a joke. It seems to me that you have lost your sense of humor, sir.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
They should make them with footsies so you can wear them to bed and not worry about putting them on in the middle of the night :p

But that means I would wear clothes to bed...

nremtjohn

Forum Ride Along
Try the 5.11 Jumpsuit

Try the 5.11 jumpsuit. It looks like a uniform instead of a jumpsuit. Don't know about the quality, but if it is anything like the EMT pants they make, it is a good product. And, it is close to your price range.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's funny that when this thread started, I was anti jumpsuit. Now I work at a service where our standard duty uniform is a Nomex flight suit. I have 7 of them in my closet.

They still look a little goofy though.

Sasha

Forum Chief
That would be absolutely disgusting... MRSA in bed?
It makes a good addition to the VRE and KPC
Lighten up its probably already colonized in your nares.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah, probably. I'm just a little... anal... about my bed... I have separate work sheets, and still take off my work pants and shirt before getting anywhere near bed while on shift. I know I'm fairly resistant to the colonizations all over my body, but not sure about others at home...