July 4th

Chris EMT J

Forum Lieutenant
Providers that worked this July 4th or any what would you rank the most common call?

I worked it and ranked it but it could depend on area.

Ones I saw were:

Smoke inhalation with chronic conditions like asthma and COPD

A few burns via fireworks

A lot of MVAs mostly because of holiday traffic & drinking and driving

Some alcohol induced dehydration

Just some common ones I saw

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I had a slowwww shift but from radio seemed like along of unconscious/unresponsive and traffic collisions. Did have one TC were car caught fire so that was fun

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We had an almost quiet shift, nothing until 1900 when we got relocated to another station because their Bn was fighting a fireworks induced brush fire. We got to see a good number of fireworks people were lighting off during the drive (while we were hoping to catch the nearby base professional show... we saw enough, illegal mind you, aerials that looked like the residents were trying ro fight off the Pearl Harbor 3rd wave lol). Anyways, had one fall case (possible CVA) and then another fireworks caused brush fire...

Hadn't heard of anyone with significant burns or blown off hands through the grapevine fortunately, but we def had a spike in brush fires all over (not just ours). Wild to see the one burning bright with a glow you could see from miles away, and people were still launching fireworks, looked like practically right next door!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I worked on the ambulance for about a decade before switching jobs. I worked every 4th of July I think. Never seen a firework injury call. It was always things like old people calling for GI bleed, dyspnea on exertion, homeless people, ETOH, the typicals. Didn't feel any different. I would've worked this 4th of July too, but was out on COVID. :(

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Last year I had a dude who blew his finger(s) off with a M80.

This year I drank beer and went to the rodeo because I was off.