Jon's Update Thread

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This thread will be dedicated to the updates Jon sends me via email or leaves via voicemail :)

This thread will be edited with updates. If you hear anything from him, send it to "moderators(at)emtlife.com" and someone will update the thread.

9/5/05 - 8:43 AM EST

hey. Im at philly iinternational, waiting. Ive already
had my special screening because the ticket was bought
last night. Yay. Good news is that we get to fly first
class. On both this flight and the one from dallas /
fort worth into baton rouge. Gi

9/6/05 - 1:05 AM EST

after 3 hours at dallas fort worth, they found up a
plane. We got in to baton rouge at 4pm local time -
central daylight. We joined some of the early amr
folks at a nights of columbus hall, in a residential
neighborhood. The next-door neighbors are renov

9/6/05 - 1:12 AM EST

the first crews leave at 0500 tues. We had no rigs
this afternoon, but two returned from local standby,
and more are arriving as i write this. As of now, im
paired with a basic emt from my group. We dont know
what to expect for tomorrow. Anyway, good n

09/06/05 - 9:42:06PM EST

Jon left a voicemail. It is attached in WAV format. To dowload, right-click and save as. Then open the file on your computer.

Jon's First Voice Update

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Edit: Posted all in thread above

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hey - I'm at Dallas/Fort Worth, and am using one of therinternet access machines. First leg was ok. First Class!

it is 1240 here, I leave at 1420 local. We'v already met up with a group of basics and medics out of NY and Long Island... we will all fly in together. We don't know what we are going to be doing, or where we will be staying... our Direcor of Operatons is with us, and she is as clueless as we are :lol: . We've been told we will be a ble to do laundry... I really hope so... my 3 uniforms will get real rank, real soon, otherwise.

As of now, we ae deployyed for 14 days, but possibly more - no one really knows yet.

I will continue to send Matt updates via email and/or voicemail.... thanks Chimpie, Capt, and Scott for yur offers, too.

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
He just doesn't like us as much. :(

Take care Jon and keep in touch. :)

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 5 2005, 03:42 PM
He just doesn't like us as much. :(

Take care Jon and keep in touch. :)
So true. So true :)

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Everyone be sure to look at the top thread as it will be updated with Jon's updates

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Good for Jon...youll be in my thoughts and prayers, buddy. Take care of yourself, if youre able to logon and read this. We'll all be thinking about you.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I think Jon sent me a voicemail too. Now I just need to find some speakers :) I'll keep you updated :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Anything from Jon in the last couple of days?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hey,

I've been really crazy.... Finished a 36-hour detail at a shelter this afternoon, waiting at the laundromat for laundy right now.

We've been crazy the last few days.... lots of hurry up and wait

I'm hopefully off until Sunday.

Things have been really crazy.... every time I try to send a message, the internet crashes on my phone :rolleyes:

I've been up since 0730 local time yesterday, with an hour sleep up and back from the shelter last night / this morning, and 3 hours sleep there.

We've been sending folks into N.O. for DMORT ops, and they keep on getting recalled..... :rolleyes: they did do some removal ops, but then the whole Decon issue didn't happen, and the trucks sat "hot" in the lot in Baton Rouge for 24+ hours :angry:

I've been to both the "special needs" shelters (Nursing homes) and done some discharge and hospital transfers.

As of now, we've got crews and rigs, but few assignments...we are running some 911 work in N.O. (but that is drying up - no population) and a chunk in baton Rouge--- 2.5x normal pop, for who knows when.

Anywhoo... I got to go get my laundry.... I'll keep in touch.

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Good to hear from you sweety, Sounds like a rough time, but I bet you're loving it. :D

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Glad to hear from you Jon. Somehow I didn't realize you had deployed there. Stay safe and keep us updated.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm really sorry guys. I've been getting Jons mesages during my lunch hour and tried posting them. I guess right now I can't post .wav files but I didn't realize the error message. I just assumed they were posted. I'm uploading them now.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Matt-

Can you make this thread a "sticky" so it won't get pushed down the list. At least for the time being, while this recovery is happening.

And can we have Luno post here as well so we can keep up with him?

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This thread is now a sticky and the voicemail is now posted :)

Be safe jon, keep us updated!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I downloaded it to Dell Jukebox.

Jon sounds a lot like I do. Really. :blink: At first it sounded exactly like me, maybe it's just the phone.

I should post a voice message to wish him good luck! I could play my theme song! :D :eek: First I have to saw the mic in half to get at the wires... get some electrical tape... and then wire it back together. When I closed the door on the computer desk, wire must have sheared off due to the close proximity of the drawer above it. :(

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Sep 10 2005, 08:08 PM
First I have to saw the mic in half to get at the wires... get some electrical tape... and then wire it back together.
What a Whacker :rolleyes: :p

That's cool, I got to hear Jon :D

Is the population so high because of all the EMS and Tactical down there?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Wingnut@Sep 11 2005, 06:12 AM
Is the population so high because of all the EMS and Tactical down there?
EMS, Fire, SAR, Red Cross, FEMA, other volunteers, people bringing in supplies, media, etc.

Just to give you an idea, the Red Cross is sending about 600 volunteers a day to the South-Central area to help out with relief and sheltering. Our Chapter has sent 81 volunteers to the area, the most from any chapter in our 8 state region. B)