Jobs in the San Fernando Valley section of Los Angeles

xnuralratiugx

Forum Probie
Could anyone point me in the right direction in looking for a job out here. I just moved to the area and don't really know the names of any companies out here. I'm fine with being on a rig or working in a more clinical setting. I have a fair amount of experience so I'm looking for a company that pays well, not just one that takes fresh out of school EMT's. Thanks ahead of time!!

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
The only way you will get paid well is in a hospital - EMT companies there are all IFT and dialysis. They don't want people with experience - they want cheap labor.

OP
OP
X

xnuralratiugx

Forum Probie
The only way you will get paid well is in a hospital - EMT companies there are all IFT and dialysis. They don't want people with experience - they want cheap labor.

Sorry, I'm not really looking for a place for people to express their frustrations with EMS. I'm looking for names of places to apply to.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
Sorry, I'm not really looking for a place for people to express their frustrations with EMS. I'm looking for names of places to apply to.

I am not expressing frustrations. I am just telling you from 2 years experience working in the SFV. I have no reason to be frustrated, I am working in a different 911 system. So, as others will state - IFT companies will not pay you more for experience. They want new people who will shuffle people around for low pay. Therefore I recommend looking into hospital employment.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
Chill, homeslice, chill. The guy is just looking for names of companies. Don't get your nuts all twisted, the LAFD is gonna have a tower next summer.

mike1390

Forum Captain
Chill, homeslice, chill. The guy is just looking for names of companies. Don't get your nuts all twisted, the LAFD is gonna have a tower next summer.

:rofl: I highly doubt that but its a good thought.

projected next hiring for LA city was 2013-2014 per the chiefs I talk to during my internship, And they said there are more cuts on the way. So unless the city found hundreds of millions of dollars underneath their mattress... I would stick with what the chiefs say.

Cawolf86

Forum Captain

I am just answering a question. He said clinical or prehospital.

I'm fine with being on a rig or working in a more clinical setting

Northridge Hospital, Holy Cross, Valley Presbyterian, Mission Community, Kaiser Panorama, Encino Medical Center, Tarzana Medical Center, West Hills Hospital, Sherman Oaks Hospital all employ EMTs as techs. That will be the best paying.

AMR, Priority One, American Professional Ambulance, Schaefer, Bowers, Medresponse, and like 45 other ambulance companies are out there too.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
As you can tell people here do not like IFT because of low pay, they think they deserve to be pay a lot because they are "professional"

To answer your question the following ambulance are located in the sfv

schafer , amt, priority one, American professional ambulance.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Like others said, the hospital is the way to go. However, ER tech jobs are are very competitive. There are tons of IFT companies in the valley. Google, phonebook, craigslist, and indeed.com will help you find them.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Also, CaWolf86 is right. You will not earn much. These IFT companies don't really care about experience. They are looking for bodies to run a bunch of dialysis calls and discharges.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Jobs in the San Fernando Valley you say?

Ron%20Jeremy.jpg